The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Front OEM GVR4 mudflaps pics for skeptics. (updated)

SleepinGVR4

I actually have 3. One is old and used. The other 2 are BNIB never been used, with directions and factory hardware.

Will I sell them? Probably not.

Last edited:

pot

Staff member
That is really interesting. Now the ones posted by Champ appear to be Nile Black while yours don't have the gloss on them. Are yours glossy on the other side?

Also, did Mitsubishi ever make them to match the body color molding of vr4 galants? Either way though, I appreciate you sharing this picture Sean.

maroonmetallic

Interesting.
I have a set similar but they do not line up with the front fender moulding holes.
Does the instructions say VR4?

-Shawn

SleepinGVR4

Quoting Pot:
That is really interesting. Now the ones posted by Champ appear to be Nile Black while yours don't have the gloss on them. Are yours glossy on the other side?

Also, did Mitsubishi ever make them to match the body color molding of vr4 galants? Either way though, I appreciate you sharing this picture Sean.

No they aren't glossy at all. Flat black rubber.

And I have seen the rears done in the same color as the car. But I don't know if they came like that or were painted. I bet they were painted.

Not a problem man.

SleepinGVR4

Quoting maroonmetallic:
Interesting.
I have a set similar but they do not line up with the front fender moulding holes.
Does the instructions say VR4?

-Shawn

I've actually never looked. But I'll check them out again tomorrow.

maroonmetallic

Id be interested to know.
The used one looks like it could be a deformed rear mudflap missing the brackets or maybe that is a VR4 specific front?

Judging from the views in the picture of the instructions those look like they are non-DOHC Galant mudflaps but if you could confirm that would be awesome!

Just curious..
-Shawn

G

Staff member
Awesome! where did you get those ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

SleepinGVR4

Sorry for the delay, I've been really busy with school and putting an evo suspension on my car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

I'll check tomorrow.

misterfixit

Can you post the part numbers? They are not for a car with the aero kit. As has been mentioned before they are for the base car with no cladding and no side skirt.

Here are the accessories bulletins for the mudflaps:

Here is the one showing for the aero kitted cars:

The photograph is again here on this page of the acessories brochure page here

Hope this helps.

Rich

SleepinGVR4

Quoting maroonmetallic:
Id be interested to know.
The used one looks like it could be a deformed rear mudflap missing the brackets or maybe that is a VR4 specific front?

Judging from the views in the picture of the instructions those look like they are non-DOHC Galant mudflaps but if you could confirm that would be awesome!

Just curious..
-Shawn

Shawn your right about the used mudflap it is in fact a rear without the brackets.

As for the fronts I wasn't able to find out if they are GVR4 specific or not. But here are the scans from my directions.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned