The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

front case oil pump

CutlassJim

When Topline came out with those pumps they sold a bajillion of them because of the price. They ended up having a lot of failures and took out a lot of high dollar motors. They might work OK on a stock engine but the price difference is more than worth the piece of mind to just buy a factory one.

theevozero

Gonna have to agree with Jim on this one.

BENE38A

yea i was in favor of an oem one. pity they aren't worth it it was dirt cheap, wait until an oem one pops up.

biglady112

We have been reusing front cases for at least 10 years. If they are not chewed up and are within spec, run it.

dsm10o0

Look up Acl/orbit front case. Cheaper alternative then the oem and made by a reputable company. Ill be running one when my motor is done.

click

Last edited:

BENE38A

yea i would re use if it were in spec but this block i'm looking at doesn't come with any front case or oil pump components (the price reflects that), in no rush at the moment something will pop up if i wait, just seen a deal but i don't want to cheap out on such a component if it means reliability goes out the door.

Epifool

Doesnt the landspeed (cant remember the groups actual name) gvr4 use a dedenbear external o.p.?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned