The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

fp intake fitment

Lucas03ES

So I have an FP intake I am installing on my car. The intake, however, seems to slightly squeeze my lower radiator hose against the transmission. Is this normal? Would it affect my cooling system at all? Thanks!

KiNgMaRtY

My 3" Greddy Intake pipe touches the hose as well. I can imagine yours squeezing it up a bit.Try to wiggle the intake a bit to the front, just a bit to give it slightly more room

Lucas03ES

Well it is a rather tight fit in that area already. I can't move the pipe too much, as it will touch the motor of my SPAL fan, and the turbo has a 4" inlet so flexing the coupler isn't going to give me much. Im essentially wondering if having a slight squeeze to the lower radiator hose will affect the running condition of my car?

mr.mitsu

I'm fabbing a cold air intake right now. My pipe is touching the lower rad hose aswell. I don't see anything wrong with it. Just keep an eye on it every once in awhile. Check for premature wear on the contact point.

dsmless

the 4" intake on both my setups always have squeezed the coolant hose some, but never no problems, have ran for 3 years like this so no issues

Lucas03ES

Awesome that is what I was looking for! Thanks guys! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned