The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FP Green

GSX_TC

just becareful getting water in there man

Mine is also that way. I don't have the plastic splash gaurd piece so I had to fab up a metal one. It works really well.

iLLeffeKt vr-4

Back when I had my FP Green the only thing I had to modify was the water pipe. But I did have a half sized honda radiator and a slim fan so I don't know if there would of been an issue with the stock radiator or not.

KiNgMaRtY

I am thinking of getting an FP Green internally gated as well. What did you do to modify the WG bracket and why? Would it not clear and hit something?

Diego

^ I fun an old school Green 50. It's externally gated on a PR O2 recirced housing and a 38 gate. It's all for the room on this setup. I even had to go Mishimoto 3" half rad to run my PR fmic and short pipes.

mitsuturbo

There's probably less clearance issues if you run the FP manifold as well. I used to have a 2g, and had to dent my water pipe for the fp3052. Once i go the FP Exh. Mani. i didn't have to dent my water pipe anymore, but it's pushed a bit closer to the radiator.

turbowop

When I switched from the FPgreen to the FP3052 I noticed there was way more room between the compressor housing and the water pipe. Enough that dent in the water pipe was no longer required. They made the turbine housing in such a way that it added extra clearance for that exact reason. I think the FP manifold places the turbine housing in the exact same spot as the 2g. Otherwise, people would have issues with things like the downpipe and intercooler piping lining up when swapping between the 2g manifold and the FP manifold.

mitsuturbo

Oops.

You might be right. I just remembered that i changed turbine housings the same time i changed exhaust manifolds. My 3052 was actually (originally) just a gt3076r in a Bullseye housing (f***ing junk, btw). I switched to the FP30 turbine housing, so that may be what moved the turbo farther away from the water pipe.

slugsgomoo

Interesting, I know when routing the piping over the manifold I ended up having to dent the water pipe on pete's car because the compressor housing on the FP3065 hit it. Is the external footprint between the 52 & 65 fairly different?

mitsuturbo

Quoting slugsgomoo:
Interesting, I know when routing the piping over the manifold I ended up having to dent the water pipe on pete's car because the compressor housing on the FP3065 hit it. Is the external footprint between the 52 & 65 fairly different?

If you had the compressor cover clocked to output upward rather than down like mine, I'm sure this would contribute to there being a bit less room between the cover and the water pipe. I chose to point mine down, since this shortens the plumbing a bit and keeps things a little cooler. However, it's always been downward facing, so evidently the turbine housing, manifold, or both caused the turbo to clear the water pipe better.

slugsgomoo

Yeah, clocked downward the 3065 fits, but upward required denting the pipe. Mark, yours is still up and over with the 3052 right? Do you have much more clearance now versus with the green? My recollection is that the green required denting even with the turbo firing down.

I ought to go look at the clearance on that car now since it's gone from being a 2g manifold to FP, would be interesting to see if there's any additional clearance there now.

turbowop

Mine is clocked up, which is why I had to clearance the everliving sh*t out of my water pipe with the FPgreen. With the FP3052 there is plenty of room, even clocked up. It's all in the turbine housing. If the FP manifold located the turbo different than stock, all those guys running around with one connected to a 16g or something similar would have had a hell of a time getting stock fitting items like a downpipe to lineup. Or stock hard water and oil lines, yanno?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned