The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FP exhaust mani and IC pipe routing

SleepinGVR4

Who is running a FP manifold and is running their intercooler piping over the manifold as in the factory route?

So I have a little flange coming off the compressor outlet on my 16G and a coupler that connects to the pipe that goes over the manifold. I'm having a problem with the coupler touching the exhaust manifold. I was wondering if anyone had any good ideas on how to re-route with without using a j-pipe.

If anyone has any pictures they'd like to share that would be cool.

I'll post a picture a little later showing what I'm talking about.

Last edited:

MellowVR4

This is the im running mine, not over the manifold tho. Note I am running an AFCO radiator.

prove_it

That's not a 16G. LOL

OP: I have an old RRE pipe for my turbo outlet and it fits great with my 16G and FP manifold. It sounds like you just need to have a shop build you a new piece.

MellowVR4

Yea i know, but just throwing it out their, If I were him i would buy a 1g j pipe instead of the j pipe for the gvr4.

SleepinGVR4

Quoting prove_it:
That's not a 16G. LOL

OP: I have an old RRE pipe for my turbo outlet and it fits great with my 16G and FP manifold. It sounds like you just need to have a shop build you a new piece.

Do you have a picture of it?

SleepinGVR4

Quoting MellowVR4:
Yea i know, but just throwing it out their, If I were him i would buy a 1g j pipe instead of the j pipe for the gvr4.

I can't use a 1st gen j pipe due to the fact that I'm running a factory radiator and fan.

MellowVR4

then it might need to be extended in some way by a fabricator, maybe cutting it at the flange and extended it might help. It would help if you post some pics of the issue, is this the ETS j pipe for the gvr4??

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned