The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Fog light painting

prove_it

I was wondering if anyone has painted or tinted their fog lights. I want to color my factory USDM lights yellow and was wondering if anyone has experience with this.

DR1665

PreskittVR4 has a light coating of gold tint on his JDM fogs. It looks great.

Personally, I'd suggest cleaning the clean lenses as best you can and changing the color (from white to amber and nothing else, because that would be some whackass, ricer bullshit imo) with the bulb choice.

iLLeffeKt vr-4

Don't paint them. You can use this film/tint to cover them.

iLLeffeKt vr-4

The fog lights on my s4 had that film on when I bought it. But I had to remove it since I got a great deal on some 3000k hid fog lights.

Whoodoo

The 92-96 lexus es300 has the same foglight inner lens as our cars, but theirs are yellow. You can open up the lexus lights with a screwdriver so I hear. You'll have to throw your fogs in the oven for a bit to crack them open and access the inner lens, but once you get them open its just a switcharoony and you got yourself some yellow lights. I was planning on doing this to my car over winter break but couldn't find any lexus fogs for a reasonable price. You might be able to play the system and return the lexus fogs from the j/y with the clear galant lenses in them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

minneSNOWta

Whoodoo bought these Curtis-spec fogs off me recently. ES300 inserts like mentioned earlier. The housings have been painted black as well. Later down the road, I plan on having Curtis install another pair of inserts into my kouki JDM fogs with black painted housings too. The look of film is cheap IMO. To stay classy, it's either bolt-in Lexus inserts or retrofits that look OEM. Not too many pairs out there like Whoodoo's. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif
148364-0-0-0.jpg

coyotes

those look good. you have the bake the foglights to get the front cover of them off?

I did spray tint, would not use the film you lay down. I did it to a previous car of mine, it turned out really well and how many coats you do of the spray determines the shade.

2013-06-20120849_zpsf2a1f219.png

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts