The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

For guys runnig a 2ng Gen Intake.

turbowop

Quoting CarRacer:
You have orbital batteries though right Wop? Aren't those more resistant to cold temps? I kept my battery under hood for fear of cold starts.

Orbital? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Both cars have Optima red-tops in them. I only have those because I feel safer with batteries that don't vent any gases. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

HHIVR4

Thought Id add you should get 14ft of wire to run to the engine bay from the trunk..That way you have some slack to tuck the wire and run it out of harms way.

Moving the battery to the trunk is probably the best option. It frees up space in the engine bay & makes it look a lot cleaner. Also better for routing intercooler piping.

The reasons I went with the tray Jeremy sells are:
1) If you plan on taking your car to the track, most sanctioning bodies require a cutoff switch if the battery was relocated to the trunk.
2) Using Jeremy's tray, you need a smaller battery & an extension cable maybe 12" long. There's a lot less work involved & no cutting/drilling.
3) The job can be done in minimal time with very little tools compared to relocating to the trunk.
4) I hate cutting/drilling my car so I don't do it. I've never drilled or cut into my car where it's not reversable.

fivestardsm

You can make it look clean if you spend the time. But then again, everybodies oppinion of "clean" is different.

click

This is actually the way I'm going I ordered that tray yesterday. Yours is really clean.

Jesh

i'm assuming you made that nifty little box yourself /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm all for the trunk mount. Take your time and do it right, and no issues should arrise. The only issues I've heard of had to do with the realeasing of gas'es.
Like wop said , an optima battery should take care of that.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned