The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

For all the GSX-TC haters...

IncorpoRatedX

thanks! removing all the tape residue for packing took me [sandlot] fooooooooooreeeeeeeeeeeverrrrrrr [/sandlot]

turbowop

Needs a rear JDM bumper now.

Here's what it looks like if you haven't seen one before. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

945394de713f452.jpg

GSTwithPSI

For some reason, everytime Mark posts that pic, I picture 1051 start to begin rolling down the hill, slowly gaining momentum with Mark in chase.

GSX_TC

Thanks guys, It's a night and day difference now, it's actually kinda scary to stay into it on the road lol. But yeah got 424 and 363 tq to the wheels on 22 pounds of boost using 93 pump gas on a very conservative tune. And my boost creep issue is gone now due to just simply raising the boost a bit. Only change from last time is a Walboro 450 and a re-wire kit. Samara has never been this quick before and I love it!

Now I'm ready to start our 23+ hour drive road trip to the shootout in 18 more days, josh that looks gorgeous dude, hope your bringing it to the shootout this year.

And mark that's an amazing pic, what kind of camera did you use to take that?

turbowop

I told you that upping the boost would clear up the creep issue. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif Running big turbos at 11psi is a waste anyway. Once the fuel system is ready to handle the extra flow needed for E85 it will be a monster.

I'm not sure what camera. My buddy Matt Poppoff took the pic, as well as most other ski pics and stuff I've posted over the years. He uses Nikon bodies, but I'm not sure which lens on this one or which exact body he uses now. He has a bunch of different lenses.

Brett, I had that thing in first gear with the e-brake on. That hill starts getting steeper just a bit in front of the car. I'd be running after it for sure if it started rolling though. Yeesh.

Last edited:

JamesFoster

I like Mike's car. Good to see it making numbers.

slugsgomoo

Mike, congrats, told you with those injectors would make more power on pump /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

mark, pretty sure if that was within the last three years or so, that would be a Nikon D800.

coyote, what's your point about third gear? It's the correct gear to dyno a mitsu... Fourth is wicked weak and an overdrive (.89 iirc)

CutlassJim

Quoting LIV4PSI:
Yay, Alpha installed his JDM bumper. Looks great Josh

Josh's cars always look great. Jerk.

IncorpoRatedX

How is is possible that a thread for Mike has more pictures of 1051 & 1772 than of 550? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

GSX_TC

Lol I don't whore pics no more josh, others do it for me now remember haha.

89Patches

As of late I see more pic's of 1051 than 550 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Mike once you get that turbo making over 25 PSI I swear it will become a completely different animal!!

We just dynoed my brothers Evo III @23 PSI 94 Pump made 420 whp & 380ft/lbs, After we kept adding more boost for every 1PSI we added we netted around 18WHP. Needless to say by the end of the night it made 550WHP & 450ft/lbs @30PSI on just 94 Pump. So anything after 25PSI on that turbo of yours becomes a completely different animal!!! If you think your car if fast now just wait /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Oh ya it's the same turbo just in a .82 T4 housing.

GSX_TC

Man I can't wait to make over 500, omg it's gonna be amazing. I'm gonna be looking for Vettes and stangs to race now.

89Patches

Quoting GSX_TC:
Man I can't wait to make over 500, omg it's gonna be amazing. I'm gonna be looking for Vettes and stangs to race now.

Actually just after we finished with the dyno, We race a Lamborghini LP-560 and made that thing look like it was standing still /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif Probably pulled a good 10 car lengths on him, considering he did get quite the jump on us as well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

LIV4PSI

Quoting coyotes:
stock transmission? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif

Yes sir. Stock transmission, transfer case and stock 4 bolt axles. Mike's car is going to start breaking more than a union employee

ktmrider

Quoting Alpha Male:
How is is possible that a thread for Mike has more pictures of 1051 & 1772 than of 550? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

My thoughts exactly!

All kidding aside it's good to see these results considering all the past drama....

turbowop

Quoting GSX_TC:
Lol I don't whore pics no more josh, others do it for me now remember haha.

You did post new pics of your car on the dyno in your thread yesterday though. Just sayin'... At least it wasn't pics of oil jugs. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned