The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FMIC Consult

maxash0775

Hey guys. I have the ability to pick up an ETS FMIC (core only) for $200. It is a 2 g 33x7x3. J like it because it is supped to mount to crash beam with no cutting. ETS rates it at 650 CFM. My goal is stock internals with a big 16 g. Thoughts anyone? Thanks guys

Brunoboy

more than enough for a 16g.

maxash0775

TY. I will get it. Any ideas for piping now? Does anyone make a kit that would be good for my intention, or do I have to make it myself?

Brunoboy

Our have to make your own unless you got a full kit from ETS.

omertaitalia

i believe the 2g ets is not the same as the gvr4 one because of the postioning of the end tanks, even the 1g ets is different i know that for a fact because my neighbor has one

boosted_85

Using that core size makes the intercooler piping really difficult to route unless you cut holes through the frame and rad support or cut off the straight elbows and weld 90 degree elbows. If you can find a core from endtank to end tank ~30in. Would be perfect.

broxma

It has to. I know of no manufacturer that makes a 33" core. Probably a 24" inch core with 4.5" on each end.
Pain to fit due to the 2G flow path.

/brox

WaRrIoRs16

OP, did you ever get this core installed? I have an opportunity to get one of these as well and I do have a friend that can weld new inlets/outlets on the endtanks if need be.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned