The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1G vr4 fmic/rad

Hey guys ive been having a coolant over heating issue with 575. Right know she has a home made fmic and a civic half radiator. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif So im trying to jump on this cheap $h!t on cregslist. So will a 1g ETS FMIC and fluidyne radiator fit? Is there a difference in the vr4 radiator support? Thanks guys happy 4th!

Short answer no!

Long answer is the 1st gens have the coolant cap on the thermostat housing and GVR4s have it on the rad. So unless you swap thermostat housings as well then it will not work.

O yeah should have said i have a 2G head and the cap is on the neck. Everything else good to go though?

BlitzVR4

You can fit the radiator in our cars they just have to sit lower than the filler neck. You probably would have to fabricate some brackets.

Btw where in Chesapeake are located. I live off Centerville Rd in Virgina Beach.

On the boarder of NC off 168/Ballahack rd. I think i was supposed to pick up an exhaust for you? How much lower?

BlitzVR4

I don't know about the fmic. The radiator should just be below the neck. I think the 1G radiators are a little shorter in height than our cars so it should sit a little lower. See if you can get the dimensions.

That's right. Some one already picked up the exhaust. Some guy from SOVADSM with a 1G awd. Guess he is going to cut it down to fit his car.

Im glad some one picked it up. sh*t kinda hit the fan hear. I know have speed density and cant use it cuz she decides to overheat! Thats my luck......

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned