The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FMIC and front license plate?

I have an ETS FMIC on my car. I really don't want to block the FMIC with the front license plate and I really don't want to waste time
getting pulled over by leaving the license plate on my dash.

I have been looking it all over and it looks like I will have to get rid of my fogs and put the plate on either side.

I kind of like my fogs for foggy conditions and it does get rather foggy here.

I guess that I have to pick my evil huh? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

I am all over google images...anyone have any pics of how they worked it out or any other thoughts?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

H05TYL

I just mounted mine underneath the fog light
z170907-4.jpg

iLLeffeKt vr-4

I never had fog lights on it so I put the plate on the driver's side. Here's how it was before I sold it.

4thStroke

From my own personal experience, cops dont really pay much attention to these cars. Your area may be different if its something they are really after, but usually theyll just assume its a responsible person driving a 4 door family car and wont do much unless you ask for attention.

I really dont think the plate blocks much air from the FMIC, definitely not anything significant.

Brunoboy

Quoting iLLeffeKt vr-4:
I never had fog lights on it so I put the plate on the driver's side. Here's how it was before I sold it.

this is how mine is.

Last edited:

iLLeffeKt vr-4

Quoting 4thStroke:
From my own personal experience, cops dont really pay much attention to these cars. Your area may be different if its something they are really after, but usually theyll just assume its a responsible person driving a 4 door family car and wont do much unless you ask for attention.

I really dont think the plate blocks much air from the FMIC, definitely not anything significant.

I think it also depends on where you live. in NYC you can easily get a ticket since almost every agency can write you up for it (nypd, traffic cops, bridge and tunel). So sometimes you can be parked on a street and get a ticket for no front plate.

This is true...and since I live in the exurbs of DC, it is possible that the car may end up there. I have personally witnessed
this happening.

Thanks for all of the pics. Fogs will be going away...it is that simple.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned