The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Fixed #29's taillights

92_talon_awd

So when I got the car, I noticed the center taillights were hanging out. So I took them apart, cleaned them, and put them back together with clear silicone. Thought I'd post some pics!

G

Staff member
Looks good, I think mine are doing that same thing. Looks a simple repair. I'll have to try that before looking for new tails. What did you end up paying for the car?

92_talon_awd

Thanks. It was pretty easy, 15 10mm bolts on the backside and off it comes. I was a little worried about the old plastic cracking but I just went slow with the heat gun. I paid 4300

G

Staff member
I just went to fix my tail light and the housing/ garnish is cracked in 2 places /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

92_talon_awd

Mine was cracked too, right above where the center of the light would be. You can see it in the second photo and fixed in the second to last photo, looks like a dark line. I just used some gorilla glue super glue and it seemed to hold togther after I put it back in the car.

Last edited:

mitsuturbo

Mine has that EXACT same crack. I didnt even notice it until i was pulling it all off. It's not too bad, but it still bugs me.

BluFalcon

My 92 center panel is cracked, and the original 91 panel I have is cracked as well. I sourced another 91 in better shape from jnava, that wasn't cracked as bad and repaired the crack with some superglue and a little JB Weld on the backside for some reinforcement. Had it painted at a shop, and it looks great now. I know the 91 panels, are NLA from Mitsubishi, but does anyone know about the 92's?

The lights on my 92 panel were in the same shape, and I did pretty much the same thing to mine. Found a set in the junkyard in better shape awhile back and snagged them for the car. This seems to be a common problem with these lights on the 92 panels.

theevozero

I had no idea these had problems with cracking and separating. I'm pretty sure mine are still in good shape. Although, I really haven't looked...

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned