The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Fitting Seats

supa_saloon

hello everyone,

my friend gave me these seats for Christmas, he said i could use another set of seats since mine were worn out and springs started hurting my butt. i believe these are JDM Celica 96 semi buckets. I tried installing them this afternoon, but i can't. I need help or a step by step guide on how to fit these things. How to make brackets or something like that. Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

cheekychimp

Do you have access to any aftermarket seat rails that bolt into the Galant. Sparco, Recaro, Bride etc. If you have brackets that will bolt into the car, all you then need to do is make an adapter plate with holes drilled in the correct place to fit your seat onto the new rails.

those look like standard usdm celica seats, had a set in one of my old Colts. Great seat for a daily driver. I would try to get another set of galant rails (standard or aftermarket), align the celica seats in the car like it looks like you have (sit in the driver side to make sure the wheel is directly in front of you) then mark them and come up with a solid base between the two. My only helpful advice is this: overbuild it, because a seat that comes loose in an accident is not what you want.

supa_saloon

Thanks for the advice man. I tried searching some more and found this guide

LINK

not specifically for the galant but i may use the same way they retrofitted the seats. what do y'all think?

cheekychimp

Yes.

Looks to be a good solid way to do it! Please keep us updated. I need to do something similar in the future. It will be interesting to see what issues you have if any.

Paul.

And just for the record, WHAT IS THAT on the passenger seat? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Last edited:

supa_saloon

I'll keep you guys posted on the updates done and with whatever alternative I may have taken to do it. that's actually my daughter's stuffed doll. Mike Wazowski of Monsters Inc. She usually leaves toys behind after riding with me.

I'll be at work during the weekend so i may finish this off sometime next week. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned