The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Coilover Sleeves Question

6gCarb

Hello, I am in need of guidance coilover sleeves.
My friend gave me a set. He mentioned that it didn't fit his car and that he doen't know which it is for. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
it does not have any brand markings too.

Only thing there says 400p on 2 springs and 500p for the other 2.

I'll post pics later for the set.

Here's what I have

Can anyone point me to a guide for installation to follow please?

I have test fitted on the busted struts I have and the only issue I have is the top hat. it does not go on top of the strut as it should. the top of the strut has a D shaped strut and the top hat has a circle shape . Can I just have it drilled or machined? or should i just need to buy these for the galant specifically? if so, where can i get just the top hats? and do I need specifics of the diameter of the springs?

Thanks in advance. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
You are missing parts if that is all you have. You need the threaded sleeves for adjustment at a minimum. The top has often has a spacer that fits the top of the strut.

Last edited:

6gCarb

Sorry, here's what I have.

The top hats doesn't go through the top of the strut. the hole is kinda small.

you guys think i can have it drilled for a larger hole or just get new top hats for my stock struts?

any recommendations for sites where I can buy them? thanks!

tek_88

I would stay away from cheap ebay coils like those. They are usually very soft and will cause you to bottom out and have a terrible ride. But if you don't really care about ride quality just enlarge the top hat holes and it should fit.

6gCarb

Not really USE them, i just want to learn from this one and get something better in the future.
my current plans are.

1) pair these coilover sleeves on the stock struts.
2) pair my stock springs on my evo 8 struts - This one will be used for my DD.

i am in the learning process with these things for now.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned