The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

First time GVR4 owner 965/2000 (3xdsm owner) :)

Raptorreed- I also meant to ask where I might find more info about the canadian gvr4's........I did a quick search on google and had very little luck, although one guy was trying to sell a canadian galant cluster but it looked different then mine. Any chance they are easy to take out and might have a part number that could be referenced?

Last edited by a moderator:

mitsuturbo

Is there an optical illusion, or is the support that goes across in front of the radiator all bashed in?

Boostdtalon

your best bet for seats is to look for someone selling some on here. I ended up taking cloth seats out of a GS since mine were so messed up. Hopefully soon I'll be installing seats from an Evo 8.

mitsuturbo- It is not bashed in, however it is deflecting downwards due to the weight of the motor being suspended from it....also there is really no support underneath that part............however once I install my motor/radiator/etc I plan to rebrace a few parts on the front end and probably the chassis as well.

boostedtalon- I thought that might be my best option, there was one site selling a set of front and rears for like $150 in good condition.......but they were in NY or something /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif...........Evo 8 seats would be nice......however all of them for sale from what I have seen have been rather pricey!

boostdtalon- Wow he's got alot of stuff...thanks for that link depending on how much it'd cost to repair my current seats I might strongly consider those.....thanks again! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

HHIVR4

I have a set of stock seats that are/were in nice shape before storing them.
Im 4.5 hrs away though.I am planning a trip up to Greensboro but not sure exactly when it will be.Trying to schedule it around a funeral in D.C.
I could bring them up but let me give them a good inspection since they have been in storage for over a year.

HHIVR4- That'd be awesome, after you inspect them if you wouldnt mind sending me a few pictures and a price i'd like to discuss the possible purchase of them with you.....I usually respond best to chevyracer5613 at aol dot com, also at my current stage with the car I am in no rush with the interior so I have a little time to spare....... plus I first need to get it running haha. Thanks for the heads up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I thought i'd share a little update, I have almost finished pulling the motor out of my eclipse to go into the gvr4....I plan to have it out today and then clean it up over the next few days and hopefully install it next weekend. Here are a few pictures that I took while it was in my eclipse:

Yay it's out :-D

bmxkid415

I left a set of seats at my Fathers house in NY, They would have been great for that car. I hope the correct door panels came with that. In Feb I sent them to one of the last owners.

bmxkid415: Well if your ever bored and headed up to NY let me know /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif. I believe the correct door panels came with it....it came with a second set that are black and look normal to me.....I have put one in so far just havent got around to installing the others yet.

misfitsnemesis: I appreciate, I am sure I can use all the luck I can get haha

Question for anyone......the handle to my glove box is non existent......how do I get into it and or repair/replace it without damaging anything?

Another update, I was finally able to free myself for a couple of hours and pulled the motor out of the GVR4......noticed a few "odd" things....but over all after a little money is put into her I think she will turn out to be a nice reliable ride /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Btw in the last picture I placed a 14-b ontop of the ex. manifold just for size reference against my holset /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

That holset could eat that 14b and sh*t t25's. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Dbossman: Haha...nice :p

Update, I have the motor mostly into the car car.........about to go put the other mounts on it........I swapped my front suspension from my eclipse over since it had better shocks.........I also converted the front to 5 lugs.

Quick question, when I bought the car it allegedly came with "3000 gt vr4 front brake" but they look exactly the same as the ones that were on my galant (dual piston) except they were 4 lug and not 5......I didnt measure the rotors but they looked the same size also......are they indeed the same or was the guy I bought from confused?

ScreaminE: Awesome, thanks for that info........hopefully I can find a set or rears off a 3kgt sl (or perhaps and awd dsm) that'll work for the car also /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Update: I dropped the motor in today and hooked up a few things (front axles,xfer case etc). I have a few pictures I will upload below, however what is odd is that it seems like the driver side motor mount I had in my eclipse puts the motor at a odd angle in the galant....I wonder of my eclipse (or maybe this car) was slightly bent somewhere when I made the mount? Anyhow I have it temporarily mounted (upside down) to hold the motor up while I bolt a few more things in place and then I am going to make a new one, and possibly a new rear motor mount as well. Does anybody happen to have some factory specs on the motors location relative to everything, mostly how much it should be rotated forward relative to some point. Also I am wanting to retain power steering and AC even though I dont have the pump/brackets/condenser for either so I am going to start sourcing out those part. I saw one post from a few years back about a guy using a electric powersteering pump off a 2g MR2.....but it never stated his success or failure, is anyone familiar with this mod? Also I noticed when I started swapping some of my suspension over, the galant has 4 mounting holes for the shock (at the top of the shock tower) where as the eclipse only had three.........any idea why the galant has an extra hole?

toybreaker

iconoclast
Did you use the motor mount brackets from the Galant motor?

The front mounting bracket is specific to the Galant.

Using the t/e/l mounting bracket may make the engine sit at an odd angle.

Project looks good so far! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned