The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

First time GVR4 owner 965/2000 (3xdsm owner) :)

Regarding the turbo being so close to the radiator and you over heating you could get a turbo blanket for the turbine housing to contain the heat. Are you sure that your fans and thermostat are working properly?

DR1665- Thank you, it might be a bit length but it is also fun for me to go back to the first pages and look at where I started with everything. Lol yes my fuel tank is pretty nasty, it is sooo much better than it used to be though. I actually have drained it with the drain plug multiple times, and used a transfer pump multiple times. Actually one of the times I drained all of the bad gas out into a filtered bucket, poured the filter fuel back in, drained it, filled it with water and drained it twiced, let it dry but new fuel in and although it is much better its not perfect yet. From what I can feel the top and sides of the tank (on the inside) still have some flaky rust that occasionally gets knocked off. I have been very tempted to remove the tank and or put a fuel cell in it......actually I still am tempted to do that since I have a spare fuel cell, the only real thing holding me back is that it doesnt have a surge tank or sump, but I suppose I could build a surge tank.

zberto- I suppose I could get a turbo blanket, assuming it would fit (due to the thickness and space remaining between turbo and radiator), if it would fit I am sure it would work. I am not 100% that my fans are working but I am pretty sure, I have two fans both hooked to a relay that is activated by the ignition switch, so they are always on...atleast they usually are. I say usually because when I was diagnosing an issue with my lights I noticed that when the lights stopped working so did the fans, but generally the fans are always on. I would like to eventually wire it up to work of the thermostat but thats just one of the many things I plan to fix with time, I also think originally I struggled to find a good wiring diagram of the T-stat sensors/switches for the fans. As far as the actual thermostat it self goes, I assume that it is working but I have not replaced it to verify, the car has never started to over heat if I am moving...its only when I am stopped that the temps start to climb.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned