The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FIC 1450

gtproto

I just installed new FIC 1450 in my car yesterday set deadtime at 735 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif and global -69 the car idled great until it warmed up and started running rough. it ran rich until warm which i expected and went over to the lean side about 16. This is my first time with new injectors and just started messing with link v3 so dont expect me to know much, the car is going in for a tune, im just trying to get it to run well enough until i get to the shop. The deadtime was a guess from some research i did but got no clear answer, ive heard anywere from 300 to 900. If anyone has some insight into this that would be great. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Kibby

Every injector/car will behave differently. You just have to adjust the deadtime until you can get it in a good ballpark. Ill be tweaking mine with 1600's once I swap the engine.

ghostinthevr4

Quoting gtproto:
I just installed new FIC 1450 in my car yesterday set deadtime at 735 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif and global -69 the car idled great until it warmed up and started running rough. it ran rich until warm which i expected and went over to the lean side about 16. This is my first time with new injectors and just started messing with link v3 so dont expect me to know much, the car is going in for a tune, im just trying to get it to run well enough until i get to the shop. The deadtime was a guess from some research i did but got no clear answer, ive heard anywere from 300 to 900. If anyone has some insight into this that would be great. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

It sounds like your on the right track I have 1450's also I take it your running these on pump gas. When trying to dial these injector's in you have to make sure every thing is right. Your base timing has to be right your ISCPosition needs to be at 30 your TPSVolts have to be at .63 with the throttle plate closed etc, etc.

These injectors don't like being below 2 to 2.30ms so on pump gas they can be a little tricky to dial in it just takes time. Another note make sure you start to tune when your engine is at full operating temperature if you don't they'll be harder to dial in. I have my dead time at 635 and my global is at 69.1 FWIW.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts