The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FIAV bypass complete!

3O3EL0VR4

Finally, I got 671 alive again and I couldn't be happier! I ordered the bypass plate from STM (great guys), and had ECM Link repair the capped/socketed/eprom'd ecu. Both of which, saved me hundreds of dollars. Shout out to FabLaB Garage for all the help! Without you guys I wouldn't have had the tools to get those stupid 5 screws out (anyone who's done this knows what I'm talking about). The install was super easy, and the results are more than I could have hoped for.

89Mirageman

Throttle body screws can be a pain for sure. My little Makita impact and a quality Phillips bit takes them right out though. Glad to hear you got her going again. It's always nice to go on that first drive after it's been down for a while.

AllanL

could've changed those nasty philips head bolts with Allen bolts coated with a little anti-seize...

don't you love the sound of a 63 idling smoothly... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

tektic

Quoting 89Mirageman:
Throttle body screws can be a pain for sure. My little Makita impact and a quality Phillips bit takes them right out though. Glad to hear you got her going again. It's always nice to go on that first drive after it's been down for a while.

This.

I still managed to strip one though. Grabbed it with vice grips.

theevozero

I use an impact driver to get them out. Works everytime.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned