The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FEELER: Shifter Bushings

Whoodoo

If I can put in my .02 this is a great investment. I made a set for my buddy's 1g and it took out essentially all his play. He has bearings for the bushings on the transmission side of the cables so the only play he has now is in the cables themselves. I'd say it went from a quarter inch of side to side play to none at all in fifth gear. At 35 bucks... worth it!

So I'm past due for a progress update. I picked up a 1g shifter out of a fwd talon over the weekend and will be using it to confirm test fitment and 1g compatibility. I was waiting on the feedback, but Nate keeps braking his car, so this will let me get things rolling again. The plan is to run them this weekend and ship at the beginning of next week. All PMs that had been missed/not replied to have now been so. Sorry again for the delay.

Update:
1. GalantGSX ------------ shipped
2. NateCrimsan ---------- shipped
3. Hertz ---------------- paid
4. kenGVR4 -------------- paid
5. hosmer --------------- paid
6. jared50438 ----------- paid
7. boosted 85 ----------- paid
8. 1941galant ----------- paid
9. dime2nr -------------- paid
10. weed831 ------------- paid
11. Golfer -------------- paid
12. JackNimble ---------- paid
13. Vegeta1170
14. talon
15. chvtec33 (2sets)
16. boostedAWD91
17. JSchleim18
18. Mooserage
19. pbspeed
20. throughfaith323
21. joggle

possibly...
Smooth Customer

Dropped out:
Chrisco
AutoX VR4

GVR4ZUM

Update:
1. GalantGSX ------------ shipped
2. NateCrimsan ---------- shipped
3. Hertz ---------------- paid
4. kenGVR4 -------------- paid
5. hosmer --------------- paid
6. jared50438 ----------- paid
7. boosted 85 ----------- paid
8. 1941galant ----------- paid
9. dime2nr -------------- paid
10. weed831 ------------- paid
11. Golfer -------------- paid
12. JackNimble ---------- paid
13. Vegeta1170
14. talon
15. chvtec33 (2sets)
16. boostedAWD91
17. JSchleim18
18. Mooserage
19. pbspeed
20. throughfaith323
21. joggle
22. GVR4ZUM

possibly...
Smooth Customer

Dropped out:
Chrisco
AutoX VR4

I'll take a set. I noticed my shifter has more play now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

hosmer

anything shipped out yet?

-I would really like to get my car back together my next weekend....I dont want to put the seats/center console back in until I've got these in

Didn't get them completely finished over the weekend due to some hosting duties with a coworker from China that I'm training to do one of my jobs. I'll be finishing and shipping them today as long as everything goes smoothly.
1G fitment is confirmed as well.

All sets that are paid for shipped out, USPS priority mail. Everyone should have them by the weekend. If not, PM me

JackbNimble

Awesome. Thanks blue, can't wait to try them out!

No problem. I hope they work out well for everyone. Give me feedback when you get them installed. Good or bad (though hopefully no bad) and I'll use it to make improvements if possible.
If anyone does have any problems with them, let me know ASAP so we can figure it out, and I can get replacements shipped if need be.

Also, there was a change from the original intended 2/11 same, 6 larger bore and shoulder setup. All sets (with the exception of the two test sets) were shipped as 2/6 same, 11 seperate.
Well once I got to measure a few, and found the bore variation was factory tolerancing so all bores were made the same. Also found on the 1g shifter, that it had the taller shoulders on the 2 bushing like the 6 bushing, unlike my VR4 one. The 1g unit which was off a car with ~60k more miles had much more consistent wear on those bushing faces, due to the larger surface contact. That is the reason that the 2 and 6 are now the same.
11 was changed to have a thinner shoulder due to GalantGSXs issue with not being able to get the washer back on. There are no side loads on the 11 bushing, so no need for a tight side fit as it doesn't effect slop/feel.
I Edit and noted it in the first main post as well.

Quote:
Also, there was a change from the original intended 2/11 same, 6 larger bore and shoulder setup. All sets (with the exception of the two test sets) were shipped as 2/6 same, 11 seperate.
Well once I got to measure a few, and found the bore variation was factory tolerancing so all bores were made the same. Also found on the 1g shifter, that it had the taller shoulders on the 2 bushing like the 6 bushing, unlike my VR4 one. The 1g unit which was off a car with ~60k more miles had much more consistent wear on those bushing faces, due to the larger surface contact. That is the reason that the 2 and 6 are now the same.
11 was changed to have a thinner shoulder due to GalantGSXs issue with not being able to get the washer back on. There are no side loads on the 11 bushing, so no need for a tight side fit as it doesn't effect slop/feel.
I Edit and noted it in the first main post as well.

I don't know what all of that means, but thanks for shipping them out and Ill post feedback on how they fit. Ive been driving without 1 whole bushing for over a month now so any improvement will be welcomed.

Yeah, I figured that not everyone actually read the whole first post, 2,6, and 11 are the reference numbers for the bushings on the drawing of the shifter in the service manual. There is a copy of it attached in the first post for anyone who needs it for reference.

NateCrisman

Guys, Im really sorry about not getting these bushings installed in any timely manner and not getting on with feedback. I just today finally got the rear axle swapped that I broke like 2 weeks ago so the car can drive (and race/break again tomorrow night /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif)

Next week I'll try and get it done and let you all know how the install went.

Also got them and they fit great on the Evo 2 shifter also. Its a little sticky left to right so Ill sand them down a bit tomorrow, but otherwise great. Also very professional packaging and great price.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts