The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FEELER: Shifter Bushings

mooserage

Staff member
I'll test for the 90 TEL compatibility...

So here's the updated list:
1. Hertz
2. GalantGSX
3. NateCrimsan
4. Chrisco
5. Vegeta1170
6. hosmer
7. weed831
8. 1941galant
9. talon
10. boosted 85
11. AutoX VR4
12. Mooserage

possibly...
JackNimble
Smooth Customer

kenGVR4

Are these still available?? And could someone tell me how they fit!! 1947/2000 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Ship out the 2 test fit sets to GalantGSX and NateCrisman last week. Waiting on final fit feedback from them, including whether they fit on the GSXs (which they should). I'll be ordering materials for the remainder of them today. I will be ordering materials for extras, so there should be mare available then what are already claimed. The current list is:

So far I have:
1. Hertz
2. GalantGSX - shipped
3. NateCrimsan - shipped
4. Chrisco
5. Vegeta1170
6. hosmer
7. weed831
8. 1941galant
9. talon
10. boosted 85
11. AutoX VR4
12. Mooserage
13. jared50438
14. dime2nr
15. chvtec33
16. boostedAWD91
17. JSchleim18

possibly...
JackNimble
Smooth Customer
kenGVR4

I apologize, but I'm not going to be able to follow through with this. It's not the price or anything as this is a phenomenal deal. Finances are just that tight at the moment.

-Chris

Thats fine Chris. I will be making extras, so if down the line your in better shape and still want some, just shoot me a PM.

Paypal is [email protected] for those who want to start sending in payments. Gotten a few PM's from people wanting to send it in. Make note that its for the shifter bushings in the title and make sure you mention your user name for here.

Can you post the physical dimensions of the part so I can see if it will fit an evo shifter? I think they are the same as the VR4 but it would save some time. Thanks

Material is ordered and should be here tomorrow or wednesday at latest.

Don't have drawings near, but bushings 2 & 11 are .508" bores, .611" OD, .045" thick flange with a .800" OD and bushing 6 is .513" bore, .611" OD .045" thick flange w/ a .875" OD I do believe. Bore and OD should be the only real critical dimensions. If they're not the same, but close, let me know and I can make a modified set for you.

Quoting blue642:
Material is ordered and should be here tomorrow or wednesday at latest.

Don't have drawings near, but bushings 2 & 11 are .508" bores, .611" OD, .045" thick flange with a .800" OD and bushing 6 is .513" bore, .611" OD .045" thick flange w/ a .875" OD I do believe. Bore and OD should be the only real critical dimensions. If they're not the same, but close, let me know and I can make a modified set for you.

Excellent I just measured the main ones and they are dead on so Ill send paypal here shortly. One question that I did come up with after looking at the stock ones is that the stock ones have two grooves in them, I'm assuming to act as a reservoir for grease, do yours have these? Do you know what Im talking about? Thanks again!

Also guys I called local stealership for the number 2 bushings as I had one crap out on me and they wanted $19.00/per lol So that just goes to show how great of a deal this is! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

NateCrisman

My set came on monday, I'll try and get a chance to put them in tomorrow. My vr4 is down due to a broken fuel pump, so I won't be able to test out any hard shifts for a few more days at least. (sorry)

These ones do not have the two grooves in them like the stock ones do. Reason being is that delrin is self lubricating and so no real need. I personally didn't even grease mine, though that'll be up to each person. I always ran my delrin paintball bolts dry and they saw a lot more movement than these, and they held up great.

Updated list:
1. GalantGSX --------- shipped
2. NateCrimsan ------- shipped
3. Hertz -----------paid
4. kenGVR4 -------- paid
5. hosmer --------- paid
6. jared50438 ----- paid
7. boosted 85-------paid
8. 1941galant
9. talon
10. weed831
11. AutoX VR4
12. Mooserage
13. Vegeta1170
14. dime2nr
15. chvtec33
16. boostedAWD91
17. JSchleim18
18. Golfer

possibly...
JackNimble
Smooth Customer

Dropped out:
Chrisco

JackbNimble

Once GalantGSX posts the compatibility, I'll be able to pay you on Friday. I'm about 95% sure I want a set if they work.

These are a direct fit for the GSX everyone! I installed them today and all I can say is if your missing a bushing or all your bushings do not hesitate to put a set of these in, amazing! I was missing all my bushings and had never had a Galant before so I figured all the slop could have been typical, all I can say is I don't know how I was shifting before without the bushings, it was damn good driving, the car basically shifts itself now!

The fit was pretty darn good, however since I was missing bushings some rust/grime had accumulated on the posts where the bushings go so those had to be cleaned off first before the bushings would fit. Also I was unable to get the washer to fit on top of the number 11 bushing there just wasn't enough room to fit the c-clip if I left the washer in place so I just did away with it.

I had a set of shifter plate bushings laying around and tried to install them at the same time however I ran into a problem with the number 11 bushing/arm hitting the plate bushing so I did not install them. Would anyone like to buy these, not trying to hijack the thread but 20 bucks shipped and it would be a perfect time to install them while you got your shifter apart.

Thanks again Blue!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned