The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Fan wire harness, pics included

codeofdastreets

I have a fan harness and 2 out of the 6 wire were cut.. 2 go to the rad sensor(green/black) and 2 go for the fan(blue/black).. what were the other 2 for?? were they needed?

Last edited:

grocery_getter

108192-0-0-0.jpg

codeofdastreets

these 2 wires that were cut were twisted together, the temp sensor on rad was not connected nd connector was jumped with a paper clip.. fan took a crap nd caused the fan harness to melt all the was to the fuse box.. still doing the wiring.. should I twist them back together?

MegaSuiter

Dealing with the same thing I think. If there is only power going to one of the four prong inlets does that mean the wires are fried to the fuse box?

dammitjim

I believe there are a pair to the resistor, a pair to the fan motor and a pair to the temp switch.

Mine looked similar when the fan was wired to constant power. There were two wires in the harness cut that should go to the fan motor and the motor was wired constant. On mine they didn't have the temp switch under the fan connected which was preventing the fan from working which is why they messed with the wiring.

This might help

108194-0-0-0.jpg

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts