The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Extremeturbosystems.com Intercoolers

OoThomioO

Anyone use these? Local Vr4 owner showed me the site, looks good and I'll be ordering one this weekend.

My question is: Anyone use them and not liked it? How is the fitment due to its "made for the Vr4"?

I'll probably order one specific to my car and most likely the intake kit aswell...finally looking like my Vr4 may be moving again!

jnava

Staff member
Hmmm... ets, well you must have not heard about them enough. If you got the dough, buy it.

OoThomioO

Yeah I never seen or dealt with ETS, didn't know how mainstream it was. Selling my PC to buy the intercooler kit lol, great trade off /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tre3zy

i use one on my galant great intercooler....

OoThomioO

Awesome, makes me feel better for ordering it with so many happy customers lol

Nartanian

I have a ets kit waiting to go on. Seems to be made of superb quality.

Terry Posten

It's is what I have as well. Check out my members ride if you want to see how they perform. Dyno graph and link to vid, just click on the link in my sig below. 445bhp/361whp/330tq at 18psi on pump gas.

On a side note, my kit has been very flexible. It started life with a stock MAS and 16g and transformed to a small 60 trim and then to a big 60 trim. Very easy to adjust and tweak as needed.

Last edited:

Nartanian

Did you have to get new piping when going from a 16g to big 60 trim?

Terry Posten

No, I cut the flange off and got a silicone coupler.

BluFalcon

If you still have A/C in the car, you might have some trouble with the hotside piping. The intercooler pipe gets real close to a fitting coming off the A/C condensor on the driver's side. This is with the new style 2.5 in diameter hotside piping. The older 2.25 hotside pipe cleared all components with no problem.

OoThomioO

good info, already purchased it and just waiting on my full-race.com manifold to be received...then it should be running /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Chad989of2000

You won't be let down. Fitment of the kit is also great with just some hacking of the bumper support (weight reduction /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif) needed. Love how it looks/performs.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned