The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

exhaust manifold

mountaineerjeff

what is the best choice for an exhaust manifold? do equal length tubular manifolds work better? I was looking into a tubular manifold and tubular o2 housing, my thoughts are better flow and lower weight. I just dont know if there are any results with these, dont want to try trial and error. looking to spend less than 200 smackaroos

Last edited:

Brunoboy

I have a GT High Flow Manifold with EGT tap. its nice!

Olson

Quoting dsm_drew:
Best choice under $200....EVO 3 manifold.

You can buy cheap evo 3 manifolds around here for decent and get it ported or por tit yourself and it'll be A OK

mountaineerjeff

the gt looks nice, I guess ill do that or a ported evo3 but I found the cheapo ebay crap and was wondering if they work, I know quality is a issue but they claim tig welds, and have all positive reviews, same price as gt high flow, but comes with o2 housing, thought maybe it would hold up with it bein tig welded and SS. just wondered if it was worth trying

dsmer06

What brand is the ebay manifold? I remember hearing a lot of bad about the ss autochrome manifolds on tuners. You really can't go wrong with an evo manifold, if you can't find one of those, a 2g manifold works pretty well when ported.

Olson

I say go with a real evo 3 and get a 3vo 3 o2 or go with an ebay tubular o2 thats what i did and im very happy with it so far

Quoting mountaineerjeff:
the gt looks nice, I guess ill do that or a ported evo3 but I found the cheapo ebay crap and was wondering if they work, I know quality is a issue but they claim tig welds, and have all positive reviews, same price as gt high flow, but comes with o2 housing, thought maybe it would hold up with it bein tig welded and SS. just wondered if it was worth trying

What is your setup? Unless you're going really big you're not going to be restrained by an EVO 3 manifold. And if you are going really big why would you buy a "cheapo ebay crap" manifold? If you need one under $200 then I'm assuming you can't afford to spend much money (I know how that is) in which case why would you want to risk your hard earned money on a no-name ebay manifold?

Hksvr4

I made 415whp with an evo3 manifold and o2 housing and 3inch downpipe. The cast evo3 will last a long time. Tubular SS manifolds will eventually crack. DD get Evo3 manifold.

mountaineerjeff

well thats whu I asked. evo 3 it is, but can I still go with the o2? they are like 50 and are tubular also so i fiqured it would protect aqainst boost creep

Hksvr4

Quote:
I still go with the o2? they are like 50

With the evo 3 o2 and what is 50?

mountaineerjeff

the ebay o2 is $50

Hksvr4

Quote:
the ebay o2 is $50

Ebay o2s are not generally a good idea. You get what you pay for.

Evo 3 exhaust manifold and O2 from a fellow board member, everybody wins!

click

Ok, the URL feature doesn't seem to be working /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Andy_S

Quoting Hksvr4:
Quote:
the ebay o2 is $50

Ebay o2s are not generally a good idea. You get what you pay for.

How so? I have one and it seems fine. Cleaning up the edges and flanges with a die grinder helps a lot.

Mark

Personaly IDK AMS made 600 awhp on a stock 1G manifold w/ a t3/t4 adapter plate we sell.. 9 was way back before people started makng tublar headers)

Last edited:

Olson

6000 hu mark lol
I got an ebay tubular o2 had it for 6k miles and its all good.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned