The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Exhaust cut-outs

cooliomo

Has anyone put a cut-out on their car? how does it effect performance. Reason why im asking is my county cops are starting to become boredand there pulling people over for modified exhaust lame!.

Adorsey

I got a 50$ ticket for my exuast up here. The cop said its a civil crime because its too loud for residents in there homes to hear, I had told the cop that Harley's are louder than my car, and he bickered with me about it, then said "Hey, Im just doin' mah job"... faught it in court and lossed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

cooliomo

well the lame thing is my county doesnt even have emissions, when i had my rx7 it was super loud got pulled over and got a fix it ticket, but i switched it out with a racing beat exhaust still performance 2.5in piping but the tips looked stock it was quiet at idle but when you opened her up it was beautiful. so i took it to the cop he looked at it and signed it off as exhaust system was replaced lol!

charmcity

Will be installing a QTP in 357 when engine is finished.

Tre3zy

wat i have before with 637 was a fat ass N1 style exhuast and got pulled over with that by highway patrol.... good that that dude is too lazy to look under the car.... i was scare cuz i didnt have a cat or a resonator in the car.... now i have a dual tip 3" on her with a resonator.... still a lil loud on cold start but after she warms up it gets quieter and cops havent even look at my car yet LOL i hope it stays that way

Gabor

I used one years ago when I used to go to the track.
Exhaust configuration was 3 inch turbo back with cat, 2 silencers and Magnaflow muffler. The cutout was installed in front of the cat and just used it when I was running race fuel or when I just felt like being a *** and drive around with a loud open exhaust.
I could not notice any gain. It was loud as hell and it resonated the whole cabin since the cutout was right the front of the passenger seat.
Only problem I encountered while using it was that the flapper was made of some thin material and the back pressure always bent it and it leaked in the closed position. I had it exchanged a couple of times but got tired of it leaking so I took it off after a couple of years of use.
It was fun to pull up to a car at the red light, look at the driver and when they give you a rev you give it back nice and quiet. Then you open the cutout and hit the stutter box on yellow. This totally confused them and by the time they realized I had a few cars on them on the launch.

Quoting Adorsey:
"Hey, Im just doin' mah job"... faught it in court and lossed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Well when you fiaght the law you always loosed.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned