The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

EVOI-III parts on GVR4

ktmrider

Hey folks, I piddled around on the search then got bored. What EVOI-III driveline and suspension parts fit the GVR4?
I have found out the E39A parts are pretty well dried up here in Japan. At Toybreaker's suggestion I got the early EVO chassis code and tried searching, way more parts.
Hit me up with some compatible items, TIA.

Last edited:

3rdstrikedsm

cd9a(evo 1-2) ce9a(evo3) Most driveline parts will swap and some engine parts will swap.
The thing to look for would be a evo 2-3 trans with a factory lsd option but make sure you get the driver side axle with it.

Suspension parts will not interchange with our battle tanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Last edited:

ktmrider

Thanks Chris! I did find a rear LSD center section yesterday but will try the "ce9a" search only ( did the cd9a only ).
On another suspension note, do the 5th or 7th gen Galant bouncy parts work?

brisvr4

Front struts from an early Evo will fit our cars. You just have to change the tops.
The rears don't because the bush at the bottom of our strut is larger.
I would only grab Evo front coilovers if you can find them.

3rdstrikedsm

^^correct but the spring rates would be way off.
Coilovers would be a nice find.

Also the evo front struts are shorter than ours so that is another thing to think about unless you do infact find some coilovers.

Last edited:

toybreaker

iconoclast
If you come back without any goodies, I will be very dissapointed.

I don't believe an evo I/II/III motor won't fit in the overhead bin, but maybe you could get the company to pay shipping on a motor with a lil creative paperwork. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

"hey boss, we got some bunk equipment here. I'm gonna ship it back"

Good to go!

464/2K

Dont bother looking for a that piece of sh*t 7bolt. Most have crank walk and if not they will start taking a stroll.

gtluke

find me an evo 3 trans with an LSD front please! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

icurunnin

bring me back a hot asian woman. I will pay you for shipping charges /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

toybreaker

iconoclast
Quoting 464/2k:
Dont bother looking for a that piece of sh*t 7bolt. Most have crank walk and if not they will start taking a stroll.

meh...

Mike's a pretty saavy cat, and I think he could utilise an early evo head to it's maximum advantage. He's already built a really clean package using what the factory gave us. A little mixing/matching, and he'll build an even better machine. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Quote:
find me an evo 3 trans with an LSD front please!

Get in line /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Quote:
bring me back a hot asian woman. I will pay you for shipping charges /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

You too!

Hey, wait, that's not a bad idea.

Mike, is it too late to make a change in my order? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Al, I mainly want the mustache brace that attaches to the top of the diff. Which arms do you have?

Dialcaliper

Jon,

I have an Evo III mustache brace that came attached to the LSD I picked up - check your PM's. No mustache rides though...

JB

Quoting Bimmubishi:
I can offer mustache rides though.

Pm sent!

ktmrider

Quoting toybreaker:
Quote:
bring me back a hot asian woman. I will pay you for shipping charges /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

You too!

Hey, wait, that's not a bad idea.

Mike, is it too late to make a change in my order? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

No problem, I bet they both weight about the same either way.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Just be able to look past the dental hygiene stuff ( ever wonder why you don't see many Asian women smile? ) and you'll have to beat them off with a stick.
Found tons of EI coilovers and springs. GAB's mostly but a few Ohlins items too.
Will continue the search! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned