The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Evo IX MR Bilsteins or DSM Bilstein inserts?

JSchleim18

Yeah I know...I got a lot of questions!

I didn't want to clutter my FS thread and get yelled at so I'm posting this here. Does anyone know how the MR Bilstein shocks compare to the DSM Bilstein inserts?

I have the choice of going with either/or. The only thing I need to do to do DSM inserts is pick up a new set of springs and I'll be happy.

For the MR suspension setup, I would probably ditch the Eibach springs and go with the Swift Spec R springs and have to get Tein or some other camber plates. I would also have to do the custom fabbing to make them fit.

belize1334

I thought that the DSM bilstein inserts were NLA.

belize1334

Ah, I see. Well in that case you should go with the Evo stuff so that I can buy the DSM bilsteins. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

iLLeffeKt vr-4

So if the dsm bilstein's are no longer available what happens when one goes bad? You have to change the entire setup?

JSchleim18

That would be good to know. How would I replace them? Also, can I get the koni yellow shocks for the gvr4? Are they still around or even ever made for the car?

iLLeffeKt vr-4

I don't think they make them for the galant anymore. I see they're still available for 1g's though

www.shox.com

JSchleim18

I brought the strut over to my mechanic and showed him what we're doing. Now that he saw it first hand he wants to do it. I am excited /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Teaser:
My new "Rotuhs"

NateCrisman

So what's the deal then? Now you don't want my billstein/springs/tien plate setup? Dude, you change your mind way to often /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif I assume I'm first in line to buy the coilovers then right? Let me know so I can get in contact with the people that were going to buy my suspension if that's the case. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

And what's the deal with the QTP's? I might be interested now that my car runs with no major issues and has no traction /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Last edited:

JSchleim18

Haha I am so sorry Nate! Yeah I am going to skip your suspension setup but if you want to sell me those camber plates I'd be happy to take those!

I'll call you with some info.

NateCrisman

So long as you have the coilovers set aside for me to buy outright, we are cool.

JSchleim18

Yeah those are all yours no questions asked. I have never posted these for sale.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned