The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

7 bolt aftermarket Rods on 6 bolt for 2g pistons can it work

Vr4junkie

i'm looking for 6 bolt rods i'm going to run 2g pistons so my question Is this can I use aftermarket 7 bolt rods on a6 Bolt motor since im going to have to buy rods and have them machined I might
As well spend a little extra and get some eagle or mahle rods if possible.

fuel

no - you will NEED 6 bolt specific rods to use on a 6 bolt crank. The big end journal widths are different between the 6 and 7 bolt engines, and using 7 bolt rods on a 6 bolt crank will mean there is excessive end clearance. Most aftermarket rod manufacturers will provide rods which are designed for 6 bolt cranks but will take the 7-bolt 22mm wrist pins.

Vr4junkie

Ok I need to check that out any brands you guys recommend that won't break the bank?? I seen some Scat rods for little over 300

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned