The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Evo 8 seats

LIV4PSI

Quoting alansupra94:
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif @ people that think quality welding is cheap and easy.

Not only do you pay for welding and materials, you pay for the welder's experience and expertise.

Some of you people are just f***ing retarded.

I don't see the need for such an angry, almost violent response from people. If you are a car guy, chances are you are friends with a bunch of car guys as well. Good probability one of them has a welder and knows how to use it. Its not rocket science. I wasn't ever talking about paying a welding/fabrication shop to do it.

KTMRIDER- I am 28, single and have no kids. I just graduated from OSU and I will be starting Graduate school soon. Anyways, I have more time than I do money. And my cars get to be a large priority, since I don't have a family. If I did, I would definitely have less time to spend in the garage as my priorities would change. I fully agree with you though.

Last edited:

JCorbo25

I have curtis V1 brackets and they work great.

Evo IX SSL leather seats are the best if you can find them. They even match the rear seats pretty well.

LIV4PSI

Quoting xxxspeedxxx:
whos he, do you have any contact info for him

He is a member on here, he posted above in this thread. PM him.

alansupra94

Quoting LIV4PSI:
Quoting alansupra94:
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif @ people that think quality welding is cheap and easy.

Not only do you pay for welding and materials, you pay for the welder's experience and expertise.

Some of you people are just f***ing retarded.

I don't see the need for such an angry, almost violent response from people. If you are a car guy, chances are you are friends with a bunch of car guys as well. Good probability one of them has a welder and knows how to use it. Its not rocket science. I wasn't ever talking about paying a welding/fabrication shop to do it.

KTMRIDER- I am 28, single and have no kids. I just graduated from OSU and I will be starting Graduate school soon. Anyways, I have more time than I do money. And my cars get to be a large priority, since I don't have a family. If I did, I would definitely have less time to spend in the garage as my priorities would change. I fully agree with you though.

And I don't see the need for such ridiculous post where you decide to give your $.02 on the value of something when you have zero idea what went into designing the product. Nor would I trust some random friend that "thinks" he knows how to weld. All it takes is for him to make a crap/impure weld and you can kiss your ass goodbye in a car accident.

It is safety equipment, not a bracket for itching your ass. You haven't the faintest idea how hard it is to weld aluminum properly either.

spooling92vr4

honestly, I have evo 8 ssl seats in my car and I welded everything up myself and they came out pretty nice. I did all of this about 2 years before curtis made the seat brackets, had they been around I would have gotten a set just to save on all minor annoyance of mocking stuff up, taking a trip for material etc. Plus his are WAY better looking than what most people could do here. "They are so choice, If you have the means I highly recommend picking one up"

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned