The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

starion front seats?

tektic

Any one try to install starion seets in their rig? How different are the rails ? Are the too tall for the car? I know someone said Wrx seats were too tall.

Jesus_Negros

Why would you want starion seats? They're no better than the galants.

tombaman

I have the same problem lol. I've been trying to find a decent vr4 interior for the gsx. Always seem to miss the decent priced ones. I wondered if any other cars had similar interiors.

Jesus_Negros

I think someone put rx8 seats in their galant.

tektic

So Starion seats fit or don't fit? I'm assuming floor pans are different but I bet the brackets can be swaped.

Anyone have experience with this?

fuel

No they are completely different. The Starion is based on the 4th generation Galant floorpan and has narrower rails due to being from a RWD vehicle with a larger trans/driveshaft tunnel than the FWD/AWD Galant. The Starion seats are used to swinging right forward due to the rear seats so the lever may get in the way in a four door sedan and the function will be completely useless.

Is it leather you want specifically? In my opinion the cloth seats found in the GGSX and the JDM VR-4 (other than Super VR-4 and Monte Carlo VR-4) are far more comfortable than the leather VR-4 seats, especially the rear seats!

tektic

The look of Brown cloth leaves something to be desired. They don't smell too good either, and I'm addicted to Craig's list.

Thanks for the full detailed comparison. That was awesome. I guess I'll get out the steam cleaner.

fuel

Oh are yours brown cloth? I thought you had this cloth interior which is kinda blue-ish. These are the real comfortable seats, and I was sure the GGSX got these!

1990MITSUBISHIGALANTVR4+10.jpg

1990MITSUBISHIGALANTVR4+12.jpg

tombaman

Mine is actually dark blue. Doesn't look bad but I wouldn't mind a leather interior over the cloth.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned