The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

engine swaps ...

Quite seriously, most people with the 7g vr4 that I know are swapping the v6 for the 4g63t and the 8g guys are swapping out for the later evo motor so what does that tell you?

I was in the begining stages of putting a Mazda rotary into a FF galant, I got so much s$%t from my buddies about it that and the amount of work it was becomming I decided it wasn't worth it.

My 2c /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

AnotherNewb

You should do a 420a swap from a turbo pt cruiser... now that would be mad tite jdm yo.

GSX_TC

Lol dummie that motor doesn't come in the 2.4 turbo pt cruisers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

SouthCaliVR4

Quoting turbowop:
Just wait 'til turbowop sees this thread...

Oh wait

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Just bolt in a caddy five hundred, no replacement for displacement /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

DR1665

Quoting GSX_TC:
Lol dummie [420A] doesn't come in the 2.4 turbo pt cruisers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Sic.

Caddy 500? I knew a guy who got thrown out of every track somewhere out east a few years ago because he and his dad put a Northstar FWD V8 under the hood of a late 60's Chevy truck (and put a second Northstar FWD V8 under the tonneau cover in the back). They'd show up in street trim, tech the engine up front, fire up the second engine on the line, run a single 10-second pass, and get thrown out.

Given this is obviously a troll, we should all use this opportunity to fuckin' rage and get it out of our systems. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

boostedinaz

The older 70s FWD Caddys had 472 and 500 cubic inch engines. They didn't like to rev much but they made TONS of tourque. They have a decent following and can make a bunch of power if built right.

SouthCaliVR4

Had one in a 71 Pontiac gran prix, you could light em up in any gear w/2.73 rear gears /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned