The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

engine rebuild

boostedinaz

The stock oil cooler you have that is sandwiched between the filter and the OFH is cooled by the engine coolant. If you want to run it that way I would just do that instead of switching to the 90 housing and making lines to run into the readiator.

As for oil cooler Setrab makers some very nice ones but they can be expensive. A lot of people have been just fine with a basic B and M oil cooler.

finaly got the old engine out and started swaping a couple things over. getting ready to send my head out to be resurfaced but am having a hell of a time drilling out a simple stud on the exhaust side.

before i send my head out or even after should i do a valve job or should i be ok

boosted_85

You should deffinalty get your valves seals, valve guides replaced along with the valve job. Most machine shops valve job includes cutting valves, seats and installing new guides and seals. Also the machine shop can fix the broken stud ordeal.

boosted_85

Search for setrab oil coolers on eBay, NASCAR guys usually sell setrab coolers off their cars after each race season for a good deal.

i cant find the torque specs for arp head studs and the torque sequence. i found them a couple time but i been doing so much i forget where i found it.

so i decided to just buy a new head buy would a stock head be enough? what i mean is well how much power can they handel and what head gasket should i buy wen i get new head the new engine came with the old felpro mls so what should i do? i use the car for a DD but i also want to be able to be able to go all out once in a while and turn some heads /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif

fuel

I would go brand new.. both of them look used. Cometic or genuine Mitsubishi MLS Evo1-3 head gasket would do the trick.

Getting new head today wen i put my cams in what do i do with cam sensor just put it on and adjust it wen i get engine running?

bought a felpro gasket set but i have one question the gasket that is used between the ehxaust mani and the turbo will it fit the 16g evo3 turbo and mani also or do i have to buy that seperate???

with eagle pistone and rods, ported intake, exhaust, and turbo, 3" exhaust all the way back, ecu tuned by ams prier to me buy the car so unsure what was done, 272 cams, lightweight flywheel, aeromotive fpr, bigger fuel pump, a/c delete, does anyone one have any ideas on about how much whp i can be expecting

mikus

let's see, it's got "turbo" and no info on tune status or mechanism? between 100 & 400.

Eagle Pistone sounds like an italian luchador.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned