The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Electrical gremlins

gtproto

I have been driving the car over a year now and I just recently started having an issue losing power to the clock, radio and only the first click down on the windshield wiper stalk. It would come back sometimes and the clock and radio would be reset and now it hasn't come back on at all. Also, the seat belt just started not sliding back when i turn the key off, it will stay on unless i open the door with the key on first. Not sure were to start, anyone else have this issue?

prove_it

Check your battery terminals, check and wiggle the underdash fuse box with the radio on. If you wiggle it and the radio goes out, then you got a shorted power wire somewhere.

strokin4dr

I had the same exact issue. Had me running in circles for months.

Turns out the fuse socket in the fuse box was just worn out and too loose causing a bad connection. My temp fix was just to push the prongs of the fuse to either side so it doesn't slip in and out as easily. I eventually tried to make the socket tighter but the bent fuse did the trick to keep everything working.

Update this thread once you check this out. I'm curious to see if this is a common issue now that these cars are getting older. Good luck!

gtproto

Will do, its funny you say that because when i first got the car it wouldnt start at all and yep the fuse box was being held on with tape and was basically falling out, i fixed as best i could back then but have forgotten about it, it very well could have came loose again. Thanks

gtproto

It was the under-dash fuse box, some were loose again and about to fall out. Ill have to come up with a more permanent solution and keep an eye out on them.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned