The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Wiring issue/Charging system problem

Would like to hear if any of you have had a problem with your charging system where all the dash lights stay on excluding the CEL and my alternator will not produce any voltage. I put in about 4 brand new alternators until that went away. the first two i installed changed nothing the third worked for about 20mins and the problem came back now the forth has been working for a few weeks but my radio and dash clock were flashing in and out constantly for a few days until they completely stopped working and wont come back on. Just would like your input on the possible causes or if any of you have dealt with the same. I was thinking some kind of possible short?

AnotherNewb

I had an issue one time very similar to this. the cause was a poorly installed then removed cd player. A ground was left disconnected in the dash and all the voltage backfed through the gauge cluster. Everything lit up and all the gauges went nuts. I would say a multi meter and service manual would help you greatly.

rdomeck

Sounds very much like a ground issue. They are a pain to track down. Get a meter with an audible continuity feature and start check ground locations. The audible tone will keep you from having to look at the meter every 2 seconds! Good luck

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned