The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Eco/Power Switch Wiring Schematic

BoostedAWD91

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the eco/power switch? I am using this as a fan switch and need to know which wire is power,accessory and ground.

curtis

Ok Mine I just looked has the green with red stripe hooked to a wire that runs to the floor under the center console then the other wire is the black under it. That goes out to the little emergency temp switch on the back side of the thermostat housing. Can't verify that becuae car is in a million pieces and I'm getting old. Damn this JSB status. Going back in the waiting room whilst Adolf screams /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

curtis

I'm thinking how its hooked up it has a wire that runs from the switch to the fan relay and this gives it the ground its looking for. Nothing is hooked to the thermoswitch and its actually gone and a plug replaced it.

Ok looked again that's it the factory wire to the switch is tied to the wire running to the black wire on the eco power switch and the green with red stripe goes down to a bolt under the console. Push the button connects the wire relay trips and you get a full 12 volt power to the fan and bypasses the resistor. sh*t I still got it, just can't remember what it is . /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bazeng

What I did was run a relay with the switch

Therefor you can just use the switch as a gnd switch.

So basically off the relay

- 12v +ve constant or IGN
- IGN switch
- Power to device that needs power
- GND (which will be the switch) then other end of the switch goes straight to the chassis

You lose illumination though. I never did much around enough to get illum to work.

Just use a multimetre and see which pins short when you press the switch on / off

BoostedAWD91

That's what I'm gonna do. The switch will power the relay which will then power the fan

bazeng

Awesome Keydiver!

Now I can wire up the ILLUM switch..

Do you know if it is the same as the Steering switch?

BoostedAWD91

Thanks Jeff!!! Exactly what i was looking for... maybe this should be moved to How-To section or at least that Diagram of keydivers

Last edited:

BoostedAWD91

OK I got everything wired up but I would like to wire up the illumination on the switch too. How do I wire that up? The green and green/white wires are for the illumination. One power and one ground or another way?

Yes, its just a 12 volt bulb in there. Just connect ground to either terminal and +12 VDC to the other.

BoostedAWD91

Quoting keydiver:
Yes, its just a 12 volt bulb in there. Just connect ground to either terminal and +12 VDC to the other.

Is the bulb replaceable? I tried hooking up power and ground and I still doesn't light

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned