The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Eco switch

Brunoboy

ok so I just remembered I have a ECO Switch when I was thinking about hooking up a switch for the Pump-E85 dual map on ECM Link. Problem here is that I do not know which wires on the switch I would need to use to make it work. One wire has to go to from the ECU to the Switch and when the button is pushed it would need to be Grounded to the chassis so that would mean I would need to know which two wires to use on the switch harness and if there is a wire to light the switch. Any help with this would be great.Thanks
-Shane

Andy_S

You can use a multimeter to check for continuity when the button is pressed. If you need, I could check one of the switches I have laying around. I wouldn't be able to do that until Sunday though.

WaRrIoRs16

Pretty easy to determine using a multimeter, but these are the two I am using for my alarm turbo timer. These two are connected when the button is depressed, one side is to the alarm and the other obviously to ground.

The green/red wire and the blue wire connect through the plastic connector to the green/red wire and red/white wire respectively.

mikus

It looks like, based on PDF page 91 of circuit diagram:

Connector D-47 male pins:
1 Green w/red: open (PWR)
2 Blue w/black: 12V in
3 Green w/blue: switched ECO
4 Black (illumination, probably ground)
5 Green w/white (illumination, probably 12V)
6 blank

Try that out and post your findings

Brunoboy

Quoting Andy_S:
You can use a multimeter to check for continuity when the button is pressed. If you need, I could check one of the switches I have laying around. I wouldn't be able to do that until Sunday though.

not in a hurry thanks. I just need to know since i cut the button out of a junkyard car and figured it was cool, who knew two years later i would end up using it aha

Brunoboy

Quoting mikus:
It looks like, based on PDF page 91 of circuit diagram:

Connector D-47 male pins:
1 Green w/red: open (PWR)
2 Blue w/black: 12V in
3 Green w/blue: switched ECO
4 Black (illumination, probably ground)
5 Green w/white (illumination, probably 12V)
6 blank

Try that out and post your findings

thanks for this, but I am still confused lol. Im not really good with reading and doing, I am more of hands on, So if I needed ECU wire-->Switch-->Ground which color wire would you use? and If I wanted the button to light up when its dark out, Which colored wires would you use for that? Thanks
-Shane

turbowop

Mine turns my methanol injection kit on and off, which also turns the boost to hi and low in conjunction with the meth kit.

Brunoboy

I just looked again and I only have the Switch Side, I DO NOT have the Car side of the harness so Id have to go by the colors of those wires.
-shane

and like I said, its for my Pump gas tune to be switched with me E-85 tune.

mikus

- ground black, then apply 12v to green w/white. It should illuminate.

- apply one meter lead to blue w/black, and the other to green/red. check continuity. One button position should show continuity, the other not.

- Repeat above with the 2nd lead now on green/blue. The -other- switch position should show continuity on this wire.

If all that is accurate, ground black, run 12v for illumination to green/white, 12V power to blue/black, and the green/red and green/blue are your 12v switching.

The wire colors are numbered in order seen on connector - you should be able to figure the other side out by position if not color

Brunoboy

Thanks, the colors I see are only from the button side so green/red,red/white,green/white, Black, Black/white. so I dont see blue/black or Green/blue so can you tell me from the button side which is which? Thanks again and sorry if im making this complicated.
-shane

Brunoboy

Bump for the switch side.

656of1000

Quoting thedsmguy:
I'm interested in knowing what everyone has used there pwr/econ switches for...

Thanks.

I have a solenoid that bypasses the boost controller. In Economy, I'm seeing about 14 to 15 lbs boost. In Power, I'm up to 27 lbs boost.

Additionally, I also have the switch wired into ECM Link for Aux maps... I have a leaned out, high timing, low boost "Economy" map, and my regular "Power" map. I trigger the Aux map by grounding the idle switch when in Economy.

mikus

Quote:
Bump for the switch side.

You can figure this out bub - all the information you need is already in this post.

Looking at switch side there's a blank pin. That will match position 6: blank on harness side. Next to that would be 5, and 4 (probably black/ground) etc.

Using that logic and looking at pics here, switch side is likely:
1 green w/red
2 red w/white
3 green w/white
4 black
5 something w/white
6 blank

131013-0-0-0.jpg

Brunoboy

Thanks, it was just colors that you were saying that I did nt see on the switch side of the harness.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts