The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

DSMlink V3 is out

Brianawd

So dsmlink V3 is out. If you have v1 or v2 its going to be $175 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif for the upgrade. Also if you want to run a gm maf strait to the ecu its $75 more for there cable.

strokin4dr

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif Been waiting on this day for years!!!!! I hope it lives up to all the hype.

Brianawd

The more I play with it the more I am liking it. Going to order mine as soon as my new motor is broke in

atc250r

Staff member
Still no MAP option though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

onesickcrx

^ not yet but I believe there working on that for a future upgrade

atc250r

Staff member
That's what they said when they had v2 out. I was figuring they would have it in v3.

John

CarRacer

That "custom firmware upgrade" sounds a little ambitious. The ability to eliminate any bugs through patches is great though.

slugsgomoo

Not really sure that it's worth it to spend $250 for an upgrade to run native MAF instead of just running the translator. Are there really enough other improvements to justify the cost?

My main interest in v3 was the speed density stuff, but it sounds like that is going to be like waiting for v3 all over again. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

belize1334

It seems to me that the point is the fully customizable timing map. That's the difference between worth it and not worth it as far as I'm concerned.

Dialcaliper

Direct access to timing and fuel maps, narrowband simulation of wideband (this means you can plug the wideband in and borrow the signal from it and unplug the stock 02 sensor, even on a 1G - I don't know if you can specify the output range used so you can run lean, or if it can interface directly with a wideband probe or not though.)

Also, full RPM based maps up to 10,000 RPM (instead of just extrapolating from the 7500 RPM slider), and increased load tables (up to about 30psi boost)

Other minor things like improved datalogging datarate, integrated support for the Evo 8 MAF, native support for USB, Linux and Mac and upgradable firmware.

Really the only differences between V3 and what most people use a standalone for are that it is platform specific to DSMs. Obviously there are still things standalones can do that it can't (speed density, complete customization, etc), but for the price?

Keep in mind that the offer of firmware upgrades means that there will be freedom to introduce completely new features (like speed density, etc. if they get around to it)

I'd say unless you already have DSMLink V2 dialed in, and don't have any problems or things you wish you had, and don't plan on making any more upgrades, it's definitely worth the $175 for the upgrade

Quoting atc250r:
Still no MAP option though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

= fail

obnoxious matf crammed into the ic piping ftl.

Still thinking about pro efi as soon as I get the money here.

boostedinaz

^^^

Tony has EMS on sale right now. Just saying.

atc250r

Staff member
I'll stick with my ancient VPC until it either craps out on me or DSMLink comes up with a MAP system. My only complaint with the VPC is the fact that the stock MAP sensor stops increasing voltage around 25psi.

John

turbowop

Quoting Mike_1101:

obnoxious matf crammed into the ic piping ftl.

It could still be used in draw-thru mode, or I imagine any of the Mitsu mafs can still be used, couldn't they? 503 is setup in draw-thru and runs great, regardless of weather changes.

Seems to be worth it just for the tuning ability, regardless of the metering system.

I'm gonna stick with Maftpro on 1051 for now, just because so much is integrated into it on my car and I don't feel like redoing a bunch of stuff that may not net me any gains.

I'm not judging your car or anyone elses that uses a maft, Mark. My biggest hurdle is figuring out how to use those computers together since I am a tard.

turbowop

I'm just pointing out other ways of using the GM maf. I'm not a fan of that thing mounted in the upper intercooler pipe either, but it works awesome for a lot of guys that are way faster than me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Brianawd

Quote:
I'm not judging your car or anyone elses that uses a maft, Mark. My biggest hurdle is figuring out how to use those computers together since I am a tard.

Its not that hard to use a maft and dsmlink. You zero the maft and use dsmlink for all your tuning.
The big problem with running the gm maf is most people will not take the time to calibrate it. Its easy and makes a big difference on how the car tunes. A little time goes a long way.

charmcity

In some of the cases ive read on DSMTuners and here ive heard great things about dsm link but Ive also read for tuning and DD purposes speed density is the best way to go. I want to go with the ostrich emulator but I know I wil need a Wideband and maft translator. Has anyone ran both and can compare the two please... Thank you.

Brianawd

Quote:
ostrich emulator

Out dated.

Go with dsmlink or aem

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned