The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

EB: Stainless Ralliart door sills

jasonvr4

got my set yesterday look sweet !!

Very happy

Postage was a little rich but hey = when u really want something you will pay it !!

Jasonvr4
will post pics if you like

fuel

yeah pics please. I'm not really a fan of how it looks like they just sit over the existing plastic ones, especially on the rear.

RedTwo

Yeah that looks really cheap, like something from Repco (tacky, cheap products labelled 'universal', 'style' and 'look' retail chain).
I haven't had sills in my car for over 3 years and haven't been in the back seat in even longer; would the only reason for not going the whole length be the vertical rise towards the rear wheel arch?

cheekychimp

I think the reason they only go that far is that they are supposed to be scuff plates to cover the parts of the sill your feet pass over which should be concentrated to that area in the back.

I actually hate the colour too, I think that is what makes them look tacky, a bit like the plastic chrome parts they sell in the auto supply stores. I bought some. I wish I had had them earlier actually. I had my sills flocked like the rest of the car and it doesn't work. It might have just been bad prep but the adhesive fails to stick to the smooth plastic and the entire flocking just separates. If these work I'll probably redo the sills or cover them in suede and install these over the top. I'm thinking about giving them a really thin spray with rattle can flat black to leave the logos visible then powder coat them in clear. I think if they are black they will look fine.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned