The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Drag day

RedTwo

Beutiful day, things felt good, plus a strong tail wind /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
First time out on the new wheels, tyres, diff, axles with more power than last time and the clutch threw its toys out of the cot immediately /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif When it wasn't slipping, it wasn't letting me change gears at speed.

It would have been a mint day out: I cut a 0.159 RT and trundled to a 13.372 @ 106.59 second time up, slipping in 3rd and generally not co-operating. Had to coast most of the way back to the pits /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Must be time for a twin plate? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

NZ VR4 RS

decent quality single is all i needed to run 11.7, they only round $300 all up with skim.plus it in chch

4thStroke

I have a twin for sale that needs some work, but when all said and done, you'll be into the clutch for less than half of what it cost me.

RedTwo

I'm thinking of sticking a new friction disc in the pink Exedy and calling it done. It's more likely to slip before anything in the gearbox /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif and new twin plates cost $2200NZ so they can all go to hell /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Edit: Just saw how much you're selling the twin plate for... daaaamn!

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned