The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Downpipe for Evo 3 O2

boostedinaz

Most big companies like Apex and Greddy will make it line up with the stock DP because more people will be inclined to buy at least the catback first. In reality it is hit or miss unless it is confirmed like RRE does.

Digging up old thread..Sorry I searched..How do I get my megan 3" dp to work with evo 3..I am about to throw my ratchet threw the windshield...About to go buy some cheap o2 housing off ebay or from beaner. Any advice any experience let me know..
Thanks
Jon

atc250r

Staff member
You probably need to cut the flange off and re-weld it at a different angle. BTW I moved this to "Tech", I don't know why it wasn't moved there the first time around. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

John

All that trouble maybe I just buy a diff o2 housing..And sell the evo III ..Its a shame cause it seemed to make the turbo come to life or maybe that is cause there is no exhaust attached..hahhahha

ktmrider

Quoting atc250r:
You probably need to cut the flange off and re-weld it at a different angle. BTW I moved this to "Tech", I don't know why it wasn't moved there the first time around. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

John

This is what I found on the DSM sites too. SOME ( not all ) DP's need the flange cut and welded at an angle to match the outlet of the O2 ( EVO3 on Lancer platform had different DP route ).

Last edited:

KGVR4

So nobody else makes a downpipe that directly bolts to an Evo 3 o2 housing other than RRE? $230 w/o shipping seems like a lot for a downpipe.

CarRacer

CMPE makes one and I own the 2 1/2" stainless steel model. It fits great.

CMPE now has the correct Evo 3 flange thanks to 4orced4door (Paul) & myself. This was all sorted out last year. I'm currently running a 50% off s&h for all CMPE items. Keep in mind that they're out of dual tip mufflers (at least last week when I checked with them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif).

Click Me

get a cmpe from gw above.. he is the man. I run a jmf o2 housing off my e3 so i did not need to get a "evo3" downpipe. But the certified beats rre's hands down.

pot

Staff member
Somewhere in the "General GVR-4 Discussion" column, I posted about my RRE tubo-back exhaust for the EVO III 02 housing complete w/ pictures. The communication, price, quality, fitment etc. was outstanding from RRE. I would suggest you put a quality piece (to include CMPE) downpipe and call it a day. Furthermore, if your concerned with mating it up to the remaining portion of your current exhaust, why don't you just hold what you got until you can buy an entire RRE exhaust? Then obviously you won't have to be concerned with fitment later on. -Just my .02 cents man.

Last edited:

FYI:

No downpipe with a 3" flange for the o2 housing will bolt up to a factory style o2 housing. The largest downpipe flange you can mate to any dsm factory style o2 housing will be 2.5". A 3" flanged downpipe will not bolt up to a 1g/2g/Evo3 factory housing. What this means is that all upgraded downpipe to fit a factory style o2 housing will not be larger than 2.5".

This is why the RRE's 3" downpipe is 2.5" from the flange to the flex & 3" from there on. CMPE 3" downpipe has a 2.5" flange as well, however the 2.5" section of the pipe is ~1.5" long & from there goes into a full 3" pipe all the way.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned