The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Does this sound like a good combo for DD? suspension

stealthtt24

the rears already have h and r springs on kyb shocks, and I'm leaving the rears alone.

The front are trashed so I'm thinking brand new from rock auto kyb gr2s with used oem gvr4 springs. Sound good for daily duties?

Brunoboy

My gr2 blew out twice, I'd go Evo suspension for dd and slight aggressive driving.

Whoodoo

Non-MR Evo suspension (the KYB setup) is killer for DD duties. Firm, but not harsh, well balanced, and cheap. Cant beat it.

KiNgMaRtY

GR-2's ride well with OEM springs but that's just it. If you throw some aftermarket springs, you will kill them

stealthtt24

Looks like ill be using AGXs all the way around with h&rs in the rear and eibach prokits in the front. Now I just have to source some bump stops....

Brunoboy

I blew a set of agx on HnR as well in under 3k miles.

stealthtt24

Hmm, when I did a search I came up with a lot of people that have agxs with aftermarket springs with no problem. I'll see how it goes I guess.

Brunoboy

Idk I know of others that have not had good experiences with agx's.

stealthtt24

I'd prefer just the gr2/oem springs combo but with the car I'm receiving the agx/eibachs combo for free. And whatever is on the front now its garbage and bottoming the car out.

stealthtt24

Well ill be using the agxs it comes with for sure. The question is should I just keep the eibachs or pay $38 for oem springs and sell the eibachs... like I said only dd, no aggressive driving, I want comfort over performance.

iLLeffeKt vr-4

AGX's suck a$$. I went through 2 sets on my eclipse gsx in less than 10k miles and one set on the gvr4 in less than 3k miles. They might be ok with stock springs but I wouldn't even bother. The adjustment screw froze on two of the struts.

thecman02

Put 40k on some AGX's with Whiteline springs no problem. All my adjusters work. With that being said, I'm going with hotbits some day.

stealthtt24

Just wanted to update... the AGX's I have are blown and make the car ride like doo doo with stock springs. Replacing the fronts only, for now, with GR2s with new strut mounts. OEM springs all the way around.

turbofonz

Find some Evo struts and don't look back

Okayplayer

Evo suspension FTW! Great price and OEM reliability. Yessir!

Tre3zy

here is my input KYB's are good on the H&R springs all around... putting some prokits on it in the front is a back idea... once i put prokits on mines then i blew my KYB's so i upgraded to some evo struts with evo teins on them... and it was great for daily duties and ride comfort... firm but not harsh... it absorbs the bumps like it should... now im on BC coilover and i gotta tell ya i miss those evo setup cause of its comfort...

stealthtt24

I have a set of evo 8 front and rears, they are going on the fp3065 car. This car is my DD and while Ill have some sprinted driving around the city, it will never see any track; just some long highway drives.

BrandonEchols

So buy another set?
They can be had cheap as all get out, hell I've seen the MR Bilsteins gor for under $400 for all the entire set.
You can't really get better than that for a DD, particularly for the coin.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts