The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Does this look like what I think it looks like?

GSX_TC

You can get a closer look in there with a bore scope with a built in light.

Captn

I am using dsmlink v3 on speed density
1600cc injectors
272 dks cams
3076r
Stock intake manifold
Evo 9 rewired fuel pump
Aeromotive AFPR

Captn

Update - Car idles but it doesn't respond when I give it more than 4% throttle and it will not move.

Checked CAS
Checked PTU
Checked spark and fuel
Have all of the above

Car just came back from getting boost leaks fixed and a leak down test.
Compression checks out

Really at a loss here, no idea whats going on to be honest. If anyone can help please give me suggestions.

transparentdsm

what did you change to get it to idle?

when you bought the car was the wiring harness hacked in any way? specifically by the MAF harness.

Captn

Its on speed density, wiring looks fine. I just changed the VE table and changed deadtimes for the combft...

Exhaust smells of gas but my wideband reads 13-15

I should say this too I got the car back from the shop running, very rich but it drove.

I went to do some logging to adjust the VE table so I could get a better number than 10-11 while cruising.

I adjusted them and it was fine, one day later it turned into this.

Last edited:

vr4play

Check the fuel pressure regulator. Mine car started acting weird and would hesitate until after 3k and the regulator went bad. It had the proper fuel pressure but some how it couldn't supply the volume of fuel required. Had the same problem on a buddies 2g with Aeromotive regulator. Also make sure your wideband has been calibrated properly and that the AFR is what is says it is.

Captn

If anyone want to look at a log please let me know, I will email it since I do not know how to post a log on this forum.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned