The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

do i need a bigger or better fuel pump etc

i have 510cc injectors and i was told to get a little bit bigger fuel pump and regulator to give me a little more. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif. any ideas as to if i should get one and if so which one and how big?

TylerAdamson

I would just buy a Walboro 255hp for a 2g. The pumps are about $100. As for regulators, its all in your preference of brand. I like the Fuelab stuff because you can get it in a variety of colors. You can find all of the parts at a variety of vendors, I like Extreme PSI, they have always been real good about shipping and are just real easy to deal with.

belize1334

If you actually have a 1G (as in early 90's T/E/L) then get a 1G pump. The GVR-4 turns out to use a different pump so the 2G is an easier fit. Regardless, the stock fuel pump is a big weak point on these cars so an upgrade is definitely in order. If you go with a Walbro 190 or an Evo viii or even an Evo ix you can get away w/o an afpr. Anything bigger though and you will need one so you might as well just do it. There's a bolt on Buschur AFPR in the FS section right now that is a nice choice.

TylerAdamson

Quoting MTB:
but i have a 1g. idk if that changes from a 2g or not.

I assumed you were asking about a Galant. If your looking for a Walboro 255hp, I have one for a 1g that I have posted up in the classifieds. Let me know if your interested.

How are you going to compensate for the extra fuel?
What is your budget like? Another (cheap) option is to just get a used EVO9 fuelpump, and the stock FPR from a 1G non-turbo 2.0 DOHC DSM. The 47.6 psi pressure will give you a total of 534cc to work with, which is a 30% increase over stock.

Quoting belize1334:
Anything bigger though and you will need one so you might as well just do it.

I have a Bosch 044 in tank, 850s, and stock fpr. You don't need aftermarket. I still have gotten nice tunes and made plenty of power with good driveability on the stocker.

belize1334

Ok, fair enough. You can run any pump on the stock fpr. But your fuel pressure will SOAR at idle and make your trims all wonky.

^Mine is like 37 psi base? I have a water filled fuel pressure gauge that I watch on the dyno and it works fine. With the chip and fuel pulled out with an safc at idle you can get it right.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned