The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Fuel Pump question

slobra

I bought a fuel pump that doesn't quite line up on the flared section of tubing and I'm afraid of it not getting a good seal on the o-ring. I was wondering if anyone knows the diameter of fuel line hose I would need to use so I can just cut off the flared section of the assembly. Saves me a little bit of time and I can just grab what I need while I'm out.

Terry Posten

Rubber hose inside the tank can fall apart in time. If you do this, make sure it is fuel rated.

slobra

Gotcha, thanks. I searched and saw a couple people using high pressure fuel line I just wasn't sure of the diameter of the hose. Just wanted to be sure I'm using the right stuff. I'll go out tomorrow and post up what I get.

Street Surgeon

More specifically (and I think this is what Terry was saying), make sure that the hose is rated for being submersed in fuel! There's plenty of hose that can handle fuel, but not many are rated to be submersed in it!

belize1334

You want SAE 30R10 rated fuel line. I can't remember the hose diameter...I wanna say 5/16 but I can't be sure. You should be able to get the hose locally. Just take the pump in with you and get a hose that fits snuggly on the fitting. Make sure you get some quality high pressure clamps too.

slobra

Thanks for clarifying for me, that could have been disastrous. I didn't get a chance to get the hose today and that's probably a good thing. Thanks again.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned