The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Do aftermarket 15's look good?

stealthtt24

I have a front set of Slipstreams from my colt that I was thinking of putting on my Galant, but realized they are 15's. Anyone know if they would look OK or should I look into getting 16's or 17's? This car is just going to be a street/strip car, no autoX or anything like that. Thanks! Mark Pics would be nice of any aftermarket 15s too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

GVR4_1057

Of course it is personal preference but if ya got 'em roll 'em. Just make sure they clear the brakes before you set it down. Sure stock is 15 too but ya never know.

slobra

I always thought the Lancer O.Z. wheels looked good but they have a kind of oem feel. If I were to by strictly aftermarket I'd go 16's or 17's.

RedTwo

Evo 1 or Evo 2/3 OZ wheels but don't count as aftermarket - Minilites, or the very similar RS Watanabe wheel look brilliant.
Too bad they cost heaps.

Polish

I had 15" Volks, I liked them.

gvr4april12007Osceoladragway002.jpg

stealthtt24

Thanks, anyone else with pictures? I just dont know who the hell is gonna buy two 15 slipstreams, It would be more cost effective to just get two more 15's...

CarRacer

Quoting slobra:
I always thought the Lancer O.Z. wheels looked good but they have a kind of oem feel. If I were to by strictly aftermarket I'd go 16's or 17's.

I have a set of OZ wheels that were powdercoated white. I think they look great and tires are going to be über cheap. The drawbacks are that some high performance tires aren't available in 15", and the rims are narrow at 7".

If you want to ditch the sleeper look a bit, go for it. Otherwise it's hard to complain about the stockers.

GIjoe

I have 17"s, too big IMHO. I want to buy 16" 5zigens, untill then I have EVO I and EVO III OZ/Enkei stock 15" rims. pretty nice, kinda oem and really good quality.

OMFGeofffff

Slipstreams definitely look better when they are 16" or smaller. Get em.

stealthtt24

Well a local with stock 15's from a 92 came over today to grab a part and I thought his wheels look hot, so I told him i'd buy them off him when he is willing to part with them, I'll just get them powdercoated locally, thanks guys!

TWEAKD4

I would run 15's but the problem is available tires that are about 24.5" tall. They are either that tall but narrow or you find wide tires but they are only about 22" tall. For that reason I would go with at least 16" wheels.

gvr4ever

IMO, if your going to spend the money to upgrade, at least get 16s. Maybe 17s if you have brake upgrades on the brain.

curtis

Quoting GVR4_1057:
Of course it is personal preference but if ya got 'em roll 'em. Just make sure they clear the brakes before you set it down. Sure stock is 15 too but ya never know.

+1

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Quoting RedTwo:
98+ Galant/Legnum and (possibly FTO) mags.

Sure those aren't 16s? Those are the wheel used on the 8g GVR4. I have a set if anyone is interested in buying them. Had them on 855 before I went to 17s, then ran them on my 2g Spyder and they looked good on that car too. Now it has 17s also.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned