The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

CSM/ EDM?

citymunky

I know this might be a really dumb question, but with does CSM and EDM mean? I keep see the use of CSM with people talk about Colts, and EDM when people talk about headlights and bumpers. I'm going to guess EDM means European Domestic Market, but I lost on the CSM.

cheekychimp

CSM = Colt Summit Mirage

Edit - And yes EDM does stand for European Domestic Market, there were a lot of different options with these vehicles depending upon the market they were sold in.

Last edited:

citymunky

Thanks

FlyingEagle

Staff member
^^^ Cheeky is spot on. CSM is a term coined over at 4g61t.org, home of the smaller Mitsu, that also fits a 4g63t setup, and AWD if you are creative and handy. CSM = the following chassis codes: C50 (hatchback, 2 doors plus hatch), C60 (4 door sedan), C70 (look like the Eterna with the bubble back window and 4 doors plus hatch like the DSM's), C80 (AWD hatch like the C50 but solid rear drive axle and AWD setup. CSM's came with the following motors: 1.3, 1.5L, 1.6L. 1.6L TC, 1.8L. Most people refer to the USDM or Canadian Market for model year 1989 through 1992 for those chassis codes, but we only received the C50/60 versions. C70/C80 versions were available overseas from Europe to New Zealand, Australia and Japan.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned