The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Crower valve springs

littleb

I got a set of new Crower valve springs and retainers for $40. I can't seem to find any specs on these though. Can anyone help me out?

broxma

Here ya go.

click

There might be several types based on prices I have seen.

/brox

broxma

Looks like they still may make them but it's listed under Neon/Mitsubishi. Not sure if that's for the 420a motor though as it makes sense it would be. I can't find any reference for "crower" not Brian specific to "4g63". That being said, my opinion is the factory Evo beehives would be as good or a better choice for a car not running 10k rpm.

/brox

alansupra94

^^^

Booo to your opinion /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I kinda wish I tossed beehives in but considering I am completely stock on the top end except for 3G lifters, didn't seem like it made sense.

littleb

Yea, they're 420a springs. I would agree with you on the Evo springs and retainers but that still doesn't answer my question. I picked up Crower valves and springs for 40 bucks and I'd like to know what they're capable of handling.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned