The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Critique my setup

NZ VR4 RS

^it aint far away. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

ronnycordova

I think the only real issue I had getting rid of mine is pressing in the one bearing that is back in the middle of the block....other than that it is easy peasy

mitsuturbo

If you're referring to the balance shaft bearings, that's SIMPLE to get out. Just flip the front balance shaft around and stick it in the hole. Hit the end of it with a hammer and push the bearing out. Once it's out, position the oil hole in it 180° from the oil galley in the block, and put it back in the same way you pushed it out.

The only part needed for a proper BSEK is the stub shaft. Even that can be done for free, provided you have a welder, and a die grinder, or even a hack saw. Saw the back of the oil pump driven balance shaft off, and weld the hole shut. Or, if you don't have a welder, you can do what i once did. Cut the shaft, use a tap to thread the hole in the stub you've just created by cutting the balance shaft, and put a bolt in it.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned