The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

coolant turbo feed line delete?

gvr4144

My precision turbo is just oil fed need to delete or reroute coolant lines. My buddy told me to get n/t line is this my only option?

89Mirageman

It's the cleanest way to do it. You can also match up the threads and buy a plug and screw in there. For the t-stat housing you can loop the line or get a na one there too.

matt92vr4

What are the general thoughts about deleting the coolant lines on an EVO3? I ran twin EVO3s on my old stealth without coolant, but it wasnt a daily driver.

89Mirageman

I'm one of those "they must have put it there for a reason" guys. I say if the turbo is water cooled then you'd need to run the lines to it but that's just my opinion. I'm sure many have ran them without it just like you did with no issues.

tektic

I have taped and plugged my thermostat housings with npt plugs so if i want to use them again i can jusr pull out the plug and put in a hose barb. I did the same for the throttle body coolant lines. For the water pipe get a nt pipe and crimp and weld the tb coolant line return.

I'll trade you if you want. I like to keep the water lines for the turbo if possible.

Last edited:

desant78

I welded the two spots on the water pipe. So far so good!

gvr4144

Thanks fellas i think im just going to get a threaded plug and a n/t thermostat housing...

coyotes

Quoting desant78:
I welded the two spots on the water pipe. So far so good!

what turbo you running?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned