The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Turbo oil feed question

thecman02

Quoting Okayplayer:
We were leaving for the car show and the boost cut out @ 6 grand. From there on it would not boost past 0. We stopped @ a gas station and while the car was off I blew a coolant line. We replaced it onsite and the car drove fine to the show with no boost. I took the exhaust manifold off today. And both sides were spinning freely. I checked the oil line by spraying wd40 through it and it only weeped through the other side. I blew through it (yuck) and found it hard to blow thru. I noticed the outlet for the line is considerably smaller than the inlet. I have an oil line to feed from the ofh, but does that send too much oil pressure?

Too much oil pressure will manifest issues with boost coming on later, and oil getting around the seals making the car smoke. It won't stop the turbo from boosting until the turbo completely blows.

thecman02

*Check to make sure the cotter pin on the wastegate arm didn't fall out. If the flapper is sticking open you'll get no boost in a big hurry ;-)

Last edited:

Does co still require you to emissions test your car?

If no, ditch your catalytic converter. If you can't due to emissions requirements, remove the cat, gut it with a pry bar or other long sharp objects and reinstall. It may be clogged causing extreme back pressure. Just a thought. And it's a free mod.

Okayplayer

I don't have to have emissions, I have my car registered in Colorado Springs.

Well then you could choose to not even bother gutting the cat and just have a test pipe made. A test pipe would actually be better than gutting a cat. Gutted cats have poor flow due to turbulence. Still better than if it were clogged though.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned