The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

coolant hose for the civic radiator

Tre3zy

just wondering what coolant hose you guys used with your Civic half radiator.... thnx

-triz

mr.mitsu

I use the oem hoses trimmed just a bit. Since the civic rad inlet/outlet are smaller you have to crank on the worm gear clamps. Or, get an intermediate piece to use as a transition between the two different sized hoses.

TylerAdamson

I got a Mishimoto silicone hose kit for a 1g and trimmed them down a bit and they fit pretty well. They were a bit smaller i.d. than what you get from the parts store so they fit the Civic radiator inlet/outlet pretty snug from the start.

14u2nV

I got some universal ribbed hoses that seem to work pretty well. Bottom one is kind of a pain with that though.

Tre3zy

oh cool ill be getting the 1g kit for it then... the only problem i have is that im worried that it might hit the shifter cable bracket...

Tre3zy

BTW you guys can you show me pictures of your lower radiator hose.... thnx

I use my stock hoses. As mentioned earlier, I too had to crank down on the worm clamp on the radiator side.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned